TripAdvisor
Edinburgh
Post
Inbox
Search

“Decent meal, drinks & service”
Review of Bisque Brasserie

Ranked #612 of 3,046 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: British, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Bisque is a local neighbourhood restaurant serving casual gourmet food. It's located in the Bruntsfield area overlooking Bruntsfield Links park, just a few minutes walk from the Kings Theatre. We're open for lunch at weekends and dinner every day with varied menus from fixed price to light dishes & snacks to a full menu. Menus are seasonal and feature locally sourced produce. We also have a great value kids menu. Dine in a booth in the bar, in the restaurant area or on the garden terrace.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here on business with a colleague.
The caesar salad starter was basic and tasty, but to be fair, I asked for no anchovies or Parmesan.. Kevs nachos were great he said. The steak frites was brilliant, cooked as requested, juicy and great value for money. All washed down with a lovely Merlot. Would happily recommend.

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (228)

Reviewed August 26, 2019 via mobile

I often took colleagues and business partners to Bisque for early evening dinner because it's close to my work place and the place is good for having conversations. We realised a few months a go at they removed the early dinner set menu which offered good value for money. A few weeks a go we had another dinner there and because they no longer did the early dinner menu we went for ala carte menu, which was acceptable. Tonight I had to take business colleagues for early dinner and decided to try for the set menu. We opted for £22 main course and dessert meal. 3 courses menu is £28. All of us ordered seabass which came with some veggie (no potatoes). The portion was very small and it tastes average. We only drank water no alcohol. By the end of the meal we didn't feel that we had eaten, despite the fact that we spent around £73 (including service charge).The service was so so. I decided to find another venue around Bruntsfield that offers better value of money and food. It's very disappointing as I really like the venue and the location is very convenient.

Date of visit: August 2019
Russell I, General Manager at Bisque Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2019

Dear nct2012

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to Bisque Brasserie. Something has gone wrong at the time you visited as all our menu dishes are appropriately sized and include appropriate accompaniments of vegetables, potatoes, pasta or pulses. We would like to reassure you that this is a one-off error so we hope you may give us an opportunity to correct the impression you have been given. Please email management@thebruntsfield.co.uk to make your next reservation and we will guarantee a perfect dinner.

Alistair Bruce

Reviewed August 14, 2019

This was our second stay at the Bruntsfield Best Western and each time we enjoyed our experience with their restaurant The Bisque Brasserie. We ate two nights at the Bisque. Our food was excellent and presented very well. The servers were very helpful and made our experience a pleasure. I remembered having a drink which I thought was a cucumber martini that I loved. So when I came back and asked for it the bartender remembered that is was a Elderberry Fiz and fulfilled my request. An excellent drink that I really enjoyed on both occasions when I ate at the Bisque. The Sea bass was excellent and served very attractively. The fish and chips and salmon were also excellent. I think they serve one of the best Sticky Toffee Puddings I've ever had. I recommend this restaurant and will return.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 5, 2019 via mobile

Came for our last meal in Edinburgh and it was our best. I have a sever nut allergy and they catered for it so well, even made me a starter not on the menu. Service was such a high standard, polite and friendly staff. I had the chicken and haggis main and it was perfectly done. Can't recommend enough.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 23, 2019

This restaurant is located in the lower level of the Best Western Plus Bruntsfield, Edinburgh Hotel where I had 3 breakfasts and 3 dinners while on a tour of Scotland. Food quality and presentation were excellent – I had my first taste of haggis with whisky sauce, traditional Scottish fish & chips, and (a favourite!) sticky toffee pudding, all great dishes! Service was fine (a little slow, but that’s to be expected when our tour group of 30+ all arrive at the same time!) The restaurant also looks out on a nice quiet patio garden which was very pleasant! Highly recommend!

Date of visit: June 2019
Jason D, General Manager at Bisque Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2019

Dear RDHiscott,

Thank you so much for your five-star review of our hotel and restaurant. I am so happy you enjoyed your first taste of Haggis, along with the food quality, sorry the service.was a little slow. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel should you return to Edinburgh.

Your sincerly,