“Overpriced and under-delivered” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Barioja Tapas Bar - CLOSED

Barioja Tapas Bar
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Old Town
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Overpriced and under-delivered”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

The tapas were tasty, but overpriced. We also noticed the bartender had a bit of an attitude when he didn't want to make a drink to my specifications. We wanted Spanish tapas and Spanish beer, which we got, but unfortunately no Spanish charm and a very large check.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

London, United Kingdom
“Tasty food, great service and excellent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Great choice of tapas dishes at reasonable prices yet large platefuls. Very tasty, staff attentive and very good with the 3 year old child we had with us.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Slightly chaotic but well worth the visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

We enjoyed the atmosphere and returned on three separate occasions during a four day stay. Friendly staff who made us feel very welcome. Lovely food.

Visited August 2012
edinburgh
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

We live in Edinburgh and booked a table for 8 a week in advance for a special occasion. On arrival we were told our table wasnt ready and we'd need to wait outside for 10 mins. We were offered a free glass of sangria while we waited which was nice by the only member of staff (a young male waiter) who seemd to care. There werent enough seats outside however so half of our party had to stand. Despite being told 10 minutes it was 50 minutes before we were shown inside. We had a festival show booked so waiting that amount of time meant we would have to rush the meal. The older waitress came outside to give us menus and had an appaling attitude. When we said we'd been waiting 50 minutes and had a show to go to her response was 'I can't do anything about that now'. One of us asked if they could at least ensure the food got to us quickly once we were finally seated and the same waitress told us we could just order cold things as they would be quicker, saying they had nice salads., Erm excuse me but I didnt wait over 50 minutes for a pre booked table on a special occasion just to eat salad. Ridiculous!
We were then shown to the table and to cut a long story short, the food was slow, a couple of dishes ordered never even arrived, one arrived completely cold and the portion sizes were tiny. We all left hungry and will never ever return. No discount on the bill, not even an apology just an attitude.

I would advise anyone to avoid this place, they don't care about their customers and their attitude and service is awful. Very disappointing.

7 Thank cherrybug
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Former regular will never return”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I made a group booking for Friday 17th August 8 weeks in advance. I informed the restaurant on 3 seperate occasions of dietary requirements for several members of the party and was assured on each occason that all would be fine. I had no qualms at all about booking the set meal for our party as I have eaten here on 5 or 6 occasions over the past few years and never been disappointed. On Friday night despite there being less in the party than I had confirmed due to a few last minute cancellations we still did not have enough chairs. We had very little food brought to us over the whole evening and everyone left hungry - particularly those with dietary requirements as my requests had been completely ignored. On complaining we had very little money removed from the bill.
I can't stress strongly enough how upset I was by the dreadful service in a restaurant I had previously recommended to so many people. I can guarantee that none of us will be back and we certainly won't be keeping quiet about how far down this once great place has gone.

• 2 of 5 bubbles