“House wine is fab!”

the merlin
Ranked #1,656 of 2,483 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a pub that service good quality pub grub cooked from Fresh . We have ample seating and show sports regularly on our 5 screens.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“House wine is fab!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Nor been here in absolute years but went on a wee 'day trip' to Bruntsfield/ Morningside and felt it would be rude not to grace it with my presence. It was fab. Bottle of light, crisp Pinot Grigio for just over £9, staff as helpful as ever but I didn't see the Pool tables, maybe theyhave gone now? they do a pub quiz on a sunday night, if it's anything like it used to be, it's worth it for the banter :)

Visited September 2012

edinburgh
“Pub and Sports Bar”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Been here to watch sport and have a pint,
also to have food ,they also do morning breakfast rolls and coffee.
The fresh haddock and chips is best value .

Visited August 2012
Edinburgh
“Okay Pub Grub”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Merlin has tried to be many things over the years, a local pub, a sports bar and once a restaurant. However I think it's best plan is to stick to cheap food and not try to class itself as anything fancier. There are far better places locally to get a good meal, but the Merlins handy, a good size and offers a good range of drinks.

Visited August 2012
Perth, United Kingdom
“Would've been a good experience but....”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This place was good on the face of things, I've been here before and enjoyed it: great location, friendly staff, tasty food, reasonable prices and clean facilities. However the thing which really put me off this time was the amount of Italian flags decorating the place; they were absolutely everywhere!! Now with the upcoming England Vs. Italy game it was clear what this was meant to imply. Being an Englishman I was left feeling a little unwelcome and my girlfriend (who's Scottish) also thought that it was way over the top.

Now I'm not against a bit of friendly banter, having lived and been schooled in Scotland I'm well used to the rivalry which we both enjoy, however I really felt that this was total overkill! It looked like Mario's front room!!

Again, I did think the rest of the place was good, but really felt that whoever was in charge of decoration had gone far too far, to the point where it made me feel quite uncomfortable.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank DevonVsPerth
Preston, United Kingdom
“Good pub grub, reasonably priced!”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We found The Merlin whilst our car was have a tyre change over the road at KwikFit, a very welcome stop off for lunch. The food was great, typical pub grub but tasty and reasonably priced. The staff were friendly and helpful....'nuff said!

Visited April 2012