“Much Improved”
Review of The Stables

The Stables
Reserve with OpenTable
The Stables is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Embracing the rural charm of its tranquil, scenic setting, The Stables offers a modern twist on traditional country pub dining. As well as offering a beer garden for enjoying summertime dining, the cosy dining room is filled with rustic original features and toasty fires for warming winter dining. Championing favourite British recipes, guests can enjoy evenings devoted to the inn's freshly-baked pies, as well as gourmet roast dinners and seasonal cocktail mixes.
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I had lunch here early last year and vowed not to return. My friend wanted to try it out today so grudgingly went along and happy to report a big improvement; the manager seems to really move things along. It was very busy but the staff coped well and we didn't have to wait too long for our meal. Nice to have the fires lit on a wet and miserable afternoon. Food was fine although way too much salt in the lentil soup but otherwise no complaints. The manager was to be seen moving between tables and encouraging staff; big improvement!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Am probably in the Stables at least once a month. Problem is things are hit and miss at times. Generally the food is excellent, but the service is suspect at times. The place appears understaffed whenever I am in and this needs to be addressed.

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended this place by a few friends and looked it up in the Internet, after seeing the menu we decided to take my partners parents there for dinner.
Despite the very good service the waitresses gave us, the food was pretty poor to say the least
Starters consisted of, breaded mushrooms X2, Calamari and the pâté. The mains were haddock and chips, fish cakes, Rump steak and pork belly with sticky ginger sauce- we all decided not to have sweet.
Chips were stone cold and so were the peas with both the steak and fish dishes. The mushrooms and calamari were very greasy, very poor all in all. The waitress did bring us new chips but the sparkle had gone off the evening and we all decided to leave.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I come here probably once a week!, the food is lovely and really good value for money, the place is warm and cosy with a great relaxed atmosphere. If I'm honest the reason it's so enjoyable is the kind staff, they can't do enough for you always advising you on what to order ( I wanted the mixed grill and was advised how big the portion was, it could have fed the whole table!!!) we always phone ahead to make sure our favourite waitress is working,she is so friendly,welcoming and polite, even when training staff she always keeps things running smoothly with no mistakes and great service. One of thee best places to go in kirkintilloch and would highly recommend it!!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have known this waitress for the past 12 years I have been going to the stables she is great with my kids and provides a great quality of service. In my 12 years experience of this waitress I have never experienced anything other kind friendly and considerate and extremely experience. I have never seen her disrespect any member of staff new or old. And i disagree with the latest review I find this inappropriate to this waitress as she is always trying her best with everything she does

1  Thank Gillian80