“Excellent choice of flavours”

Varani's Forum Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Kilmarnock
Cuisines: Cafe
Irvine, United Kingdom
“Excellent choice of flavours”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

First time I had been to the forum in a while, but won't wait as long to my next visit after this. As expected huge selection of flavours, but I always opt for mint choc chip. The only thing I would mention was that my ice cream being mint was not very green in colour so was not the most visibly appealing, but I really enjoyed it and can't wait for my next visit. Larger tubs available for those who just can't wait to return

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mark T

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Family favourite”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

What can I say ? Best ice cream ever, many wonderful flavours, a must try. ( raspberry ripple my favourite) been eating this ice cream for over 50 years ! Never found better.

1 Thank gillynev
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
“Absolutely incredible ice cream (needs to take cards though)”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Though I haven't lived in Kilmarnock since i was three (a long time ago), my grandparents still live there and every time I visit, I also include a top in at the forum for some of their fantastic vanilla ice cream.

I'm not sure how they make it or what the secret is but it's totally unique - nothing like the creamy tasteless yack you get from ice cream vans or the frozen heavy mush from supermarkets, this vanilla ice cream is like frozen nectar - perhaps tastes slightly of tablet but whatever it is, in all my travels, I've yet to taste vanilla ice cream quite like it.

Kilmarnock has changed a lot over the years but the Forum is still the same, you still get the same awesome smell when you enter, everything is in the same place and , importantly, the ice cream all tastes the same. The only thing i wish they would change is their payment policy.. luckily when I went in this weekend, I had a tenner in my wallet as I don't usually carry cash.. sorry but this is 2013, handwritten signs stating "cash only" is a bit last decade.

1 Thank MProudfoot
Kilwinning, United Kingdom
“five star ice cream”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Called in for a 99r, best ice cream ( vanilla ) that we have ever tasted, a wee bit expensive if having to buy for more than two people. A tenner disnae go far when the kids are there.

2 Thank BeeBee66
Cumnock
“Best Ice Cream in the World”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The Forum Cafes ice cream is the best ice cream I have ever tasted. This is what you call ice cream not this stinking stuff out tescos this is to die for. The shop also has lovely sweets and crisps. Highly recommended

• Visited April 2013