“Let down by the service” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Glasshouse at Rowallan Castle Golf Club

The Glasshouse at Rowallan Castle Golf Club
Ranked #11 of 97 Restaurants in Kilmarnock
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European, British, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
scotland
“Let down by the service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went for afternoon tea today, firstly the hot chocolate was not hot and had to be sent back even after that it was warm at best, I asked for a coke but got a diet coke when I took this back I was told there was no cans only draught coke I took one and it was all soda and no syrup so this also went back.

The afternoon tea then arrived which was very good nice sandwiches and cakes no complaints, half way through the waitress came up and asked if I wanted a bottle of coke !!.

The table next to us got tea cups and no pot of tea until they went to ask for it also there was another table that cancelled some meals as they had been waiting so long some of there party had to leave.

More attention to detail and much better service required, the 2 staff members were very pleasant and very young so possibly a more experience hand is required.

Visited November 2013

Norfolk
“On The Way Up!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Having read a few of the reviews before going to The Glasshouse I was ready to be disappointed but far from it! George and his team couldn't have been more attentive. I really do think that they may have turned a corner. The menu selection was excellent. We were a party of 5 and we all chose a real mixture and no-one was disappointed. The mixed olives at the start were in an amazing dressing. It was a shame that they were not a bit busier but if the chef keeps up this standard then it will be only a matter of time. Come on all you golfers you have an amazing course why not visit the restaurant too!! Good luck to all the team. We will certainly visit again when we return to Scotland.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Elaine526
Glasgow
“Lovely birthday lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Family Sunday lunch to celebrate my mum's birthday. V pleasant afternoon - lovely surroundings and excellent food which was beautifully presented on the plate. Special mention for the chocolate fondant pudding. Also very good value - 3 courses for just over £17. Would definitely pay a return visit.

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank Alijoy23
Bonny Scotland
“Lovely place but lets itself down.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We went to The Glasshouse as a family group to take my wife out for her birthday, the restaurant is in a lovely location overlooking the golf course but when we went to order a lot of stuff on the menu was not available much to the embarrassment of the very pleasant young waitress who kept having to come back to apologize. Out of 4 adults and 2 kids only one person got what they ordered first time the excuse given was that the menu was being changed, the question I ask is if you do not have it why put it on the menu, we voiced our concern to the manager and he did give us a reduction on the bill but this place will have to get its act in gear if it wants to get repeat trade.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bucks
“a little disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Visited with my wife and a friend in June. Rather surprised that apart from one other couple we were the only diners for that Friday evening. Service was good, (not too surprising as staff were able to cope easily ) Food was ok but nothing special, in fact somewhere between bar standard and restaurant. Talking to the waiter he explained that there had been a franchisee running it and standards had slipped with subsequent fall off in patronage. Also the family was now back in charge and standards were being improved. Still has a way to go in my opinion, but it I will be back to see how and if it improves.

• Visited June 2013