“Brilliant experience, will be back!”

The Cook School Scotland
More attraction details
Owner description: The ultimate cookery experience is only 30 minutes from Glasgow. In our cookery classes you will develop your palate and discover what you love to cook and eat. Our Head Chef Bernie and his team make cooking fun, stress free and informative. They will pass on plenty of new tips, ideas and share some tricks of the trade, while making it fun.We have a variety of 'Hands on' cooking courses as well as our relaxed and intimate Demo & Dine evenings to choose from.Not only will you get to cook with great chef's you will also get to work in our state of the art kitchen which is fully equipped with Miele appliances. Miele is a German manufacturer of high quality domestic appliances, regarded by many as the market leader. The Cook School is always a hive of activity with corporate events, private dining, children's birthday parties and classes. We pride ourselves in being a fun and informal environment creating effortless cuisine. From the minute you step through the door you will grasp our professional and friendly approach, we're here to make sure you have an experience which exceeds all of your expectations.
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Brilliant experience, will be back!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I recently attended a homebaking day at the Cook School and had a great day experience. From the minute I walked in the door I was looked after by the lovely staff. Before the class started everyone enjoyed tea, coffee and shortbread then we had an introduction from our chef for the day. We then had a two course lunch with a glass of wine which was absolutely delicious.

I'm no expert in the kitchen and I felt that the demonstrations by the chef and explanations on were ideal. Over the course of the day I made chocolate fudge cake, pavlova, apple tarte and gingerbread men. I got to take all of my cakes home for my friends and family to try and they were delicious.

I will definitely be back and have already bought vouchers for friends for presents!

Visited May 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Team Building Event”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We held our team building event Thursday 30th May at the Cook School. It was an absolutely fabulous event, which everyone thoroughly enjoyed.
We were looked after so well, from the initial booking to the actual day. All the staff at the Cook School deserve a mention - as they were so attentive with us and the chef's in particular, for their sense of humour and informal style of delivery!
Even the non-cooks in the party came away thinking they were the next Nigella!!!,
This is an event that we would look forward to repeating and is to be recommended.

Visited May 2013
Aberdeen
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Excellent experience and day out!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Have been to The Cook School Scotland a number of times now even booked myself and my friends for my birthday. It's a great day out. The facilities are top class and the staff are so helpful. It's great for those who think themselves a bit of a Masterchef as well as those (like myself) who aren't very good at cooking. Would highly recommend to all, including young ones. Great gift idea also.

Visited December 2012
GLASGOW
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“A GREAT AFTERNOON”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We got vouchers for Christmas and booked a fork out for less course. The menu was pizza and Portuguese tarts. We started with coffee at 2pm. The chef Michael was fantastic, put all 6 of us at our ease. The work stations were very well equiped. We learned a lot of tips and the pizza dough was fantastic and so easy to make as were the tarts. Would definately return.

Visited March 2013
Irvine, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great day, cracking chef, just lacking for how much it costs.”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I participated in the Italian day. Overall I had a great day, the chef was excellent but I just came away somewhat disappointed in a few areas.

The experience seemed to be aimed at showing novices how to do basic 'cooking' not at showing you an Italian skill. For example we made an orecchiette pasta dish but the pasta came precooked! This pretty much meant you heated all the ingredients and threw them together! Not what I was expecting!

Second example: the foccacia bread and pesto that were included in the day, and ones I was excited about, we're in fact only demonstrated by the chef and you didn't get to make them, which was disappointing.

A positive was the fact they substituted meat for veg ingredients for those who don't eat meat, without any fuss.

I got vouchers as a gift to use at the cookschool, if I was lucky enough to be given them again, I would spend them in the shop and buy quality ingredients instead of doing another class.