“A GREAT AFTERNOON”

The Cook School Scotland
More attraction details
Owner description: The ultimate cookery experience is only 30 minutes from Glasgow. In our cookery classes you will develop your palate and discover what you love to cook and eat. Our Head Chef Bernie and his team make cooking fun, stress free and informative. They will pass on plenty of new tips, ideas and share some tricks of the trade, while making it fun.We have a variety of 'Hands on' cooking courses as well as our relaxed and intimate Demo & Dine evenings to choose from.Not only will you get to cook with great chef's you will also get to work in our state of the art kitchen which is fully equipped with Miele appliances. Miele is a German manufacturer of high quality domestic appliances, regarded by many as the market leader. The Cook School is always a hive of activity with corporate events, private dining, children's birthday parties and classes. We pride ourselves in being a fun and informal environment creating effortless cuisine. From the minute you step through the door you will grasp our professional and friendly approach, we're here to make sure you have an experience which exceeds all of your expectations.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We got vouchers for Christmas and booked a fork out for less course. The menu was pizza and Portuguese tarts. We started with coffee at 2pm. The chef Michael was fantastic, put all 6 of us at our ease. The work stations were very well equiped. We learned a lot of tips and the pizza dough was fantastic and so easy to make as were the tarts. Would definately return.

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I participated in the Italian day. Overall I had a great day, the chef was excellent but I just came away somewhat disappointed in a few areas.

The experience seemed to be aimed at showing novices how to do basic 'cooking' not at showing you an Italian skill. For example we made an orecchiette pasta dish but the pasta came precooked! This pretty much meant you heated all the ingredients and threw them together! Not what I was expecting!

Second example: the foccacia bread and pesto that were included in the day, and ones I was excited about, we're in fact only demonstrated by the chef and you didn't get to make them, which was disappointing.

A positive was the fact they substituted meat for veg ingredients for those who don't eat meat, without any fuss.

I got vouchers as a gift to use at the cookschool, if I was lucky enough to be given them again, I would spend them in the shop and buy quality ingredients instead of doing another class.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

My friends and I booked a 'demo and dine' lunch at the Good Food Show last October. We enjoyed that so much we bought a special offer voucher to come along for a day course. We had trouble deciding which course to take as we all cook, really well, and were afraid that we may not learn much. How wrong we were! Did the curry day - fantastic. Brilliant to see the demo's, then cook and eat what you have made plus extras that the chefs have cooked. All served in the lovely dining room with wine and coffee. Great atmosphere, really friendly staff and brilliant chefs. You pick up so many other tips and ideas as well as learning how to create great tasting food.
A fab day out and tremendous fun, would thoroughly recommend it.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

i got these vouchers for a christmas present and i am so happy i did.
we booked the seafood dine night and what a night we had.
we went into reception and a girl we knew showed us where to go. very friendly and helpfull.
we sat down at a large table and were served with wine straight away which was great and we thought we had to pay extra for that. once everyone arrived, around 20 people, the chefs came in and told us about the mouth watering menu.
we went in and sat around the cooking island and the chefs started cooking. salmon, lobster bisque, rissoto with poached egg, hake, muscles and more, there was a lemon pudding too. they gave you cooking tips and your glass didnt stay empty long. it went on alittle longer than we thought and our lift was there so we had to go but the chefs made sure you had a good night and shook our had before we left. i would 100% be back again and with every penny.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My daughter and I visited the Cook School first for the daytime course. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Some people came on their own and some in groups, but everyone was made to feel included. Great fun to be had cooking our own food, and also the chef cooked other items which we all got a taste of. I can't say I've ever had so much fun spending a day over a hot stove. We made so much that we couldn't possibly have eaten it on the day, so took some home with us. It definitely inspired me to make some of the recipes again. There is also a very good shop on site, where good quality foods and ingredients are available.

My next visit was to a demo and dine night with my partner. Everyone gathered in the dining room beforehand and met the chefs. Then it was on to the cooking area, where we were shown how variety of dishes being made, with tasting sessions in between. The chefs were very informative and great fun. They were very easy to talk to and answered all our questions as they cooked. After this we all went back to the dining room to have our meal, wine and coffee. The staff were excellent and we were very well looked after. The kitchen is bright and airy and the dining room well decorated and welcoming. I have bought more vouchers and am looking forward to using them soon. So much more entertaining having a demo and dine, than just visiting a restaurant, and very good value for money.