“Nice setting, average food ”
Review of Jute Cafe Bar

Jute Cafe Bar
Ranked #79 of 473 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: European, Scottish, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Bit of style over substance going on. Really nice place, friendly service, however food was slow to arrive and when it did it was average. Not bad, but not great.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank H8072INgrahamh
Write a reviewReviews (397)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We didn’t eat here but had a few cocktails only. Service was very good and friendly as it usually is in here, and the cocktails were among the best I have had. Really nicely made and compliments to whoever was on the bar on Saturday 14th September. A place we always visit when in Dundee. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 6, 2019

We ended up eating here the night Tom Jones was in town, and only because everywhere else was full. I reluctantly went in. We were told we could only eat in the bar area, and I had to get a menu as we were ignored. When the food came is terrible, the fish batter was soft tasteless as was the chips. My wife had a kind of mezi dish which she too didn't enjoy(and it's not like her to complain). Needless to say we won't eat here again, shame because we like this place.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed August 2, 2019

The service in the spacious cafe was very efficient, a good menu selection for all times of the day, adjacent to cinema.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 27, 2019

Took my wife for a birthday lunch and the girl who took the order at the bar didn't even crack a smile. She then charged us nearly £52 for just two of us (having fish and chips, a sandwich and chips, a non-alc beer and a gin cocktail). Asking for a receipt, I found that we had been overcharged £15.75 for 3 large soups that we never ordered. Pointing out the mistake, we were offered no apology and not even a smile. What a joke! Pretentious, unfriendly and over-priced.

Date of visit: July 2019
JuteBar, Manager at Jute Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2019

Hi

Thank you for your comment. Can you please email me with some more details so I can investigate.

dutymanagerjute@hotmail.co.uk

Can you let me know the date and time you were in and a description of the staff member you spoke with?