“Really good meal”

Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: excellent food Rama Thai
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This restaurant is well-located near the harbour area of Dundee; the major tourist attraction of 'Discovery' is nearby for example and also the main shopping streets of the city centre.

It is pleasantly decorated with many of the figures and designs associated with Thailand. It is also a spacious interior, with large tables, comfortable chairs and plenty of space at each table setting. The staff make you feel very welcome, will help you choose something to suit your palate if you don't know Thai cuisine, and are attentive throughout, without being over-bearing.

The menu has an incredible variety of choices, with each dish well-described. My wife, who had not eaten Thai food before, was rather wary, as she doesn't like things to be too spicy. However, she was guided well by our waitress and declared the experience highly enjoyable and really liked her meal.

That said, some of the dishes are indeed as spicy and hot as one expects of Thailand; the traditional soup, for instance, will make your lips tingle. I had the chicken soup and it was first-rate.

There's a good drinks menu, with Thai Singha beer of course.

Six of us dined together and everybody pronounced it an excellent experience. I thoroughly recommend this restaurant and would definitely return.

1  Thank aberdeenangler

Reviewed December 14, 2013

we went for a celebratory meal, and were blown away with the quality food, and 1st. class service. staff were very friendly and unusually attentive, which we loved.
beautiful decor and a wonderful place to dine.

1  Thank mrsicool
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Was visiting from the states and was looking for some asian fare and we found it with Rama Thai.

Good food and very nice folks, even helped me with some travel recommendations.

Liked them and would recommend.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

The restaurant resembles those I visited whilst in Thailand last year. The staff were friendly and efficient. We shared a mixed starter which included 4/5 different things- all very enjoyable! The star dish had to be my beef massaman which was the best I have ever eaten.

We had no room for pudding but the menu looked tempting!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I joined a party of 6 for a graduation supper at the Rama. We had a table booked for 5pm and we where the first in the resturant. The heating was not on (it was freezing outside and inside!) so we asked for it to be turned on....it was, but took a time to heat up. The service was good but some of the food on arrival left a lot to be desired....my wife and I had Thai fish cakes and the were very chewy with little fish taste what so ever....very poor. The rest of the group mainly chose some sort of prawn starter and there were no complaints. All the main courses where ok but my wife choose sizzling steak which was a but chewy......all in all it was ok but open to improvement.....make sure the heating is on before customers arrive and look at your Thai fish cakes......they are not pleasant what so ever.