“Very decent but average” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rama Thai

Rama Thai
Ranked #62 of 371 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: excellent food Rama Thai
Scotland, United Kingdom
“Very decent but average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I recently ate at Rama Thai for the second time. The first time I ate there I ate from the lunch menu and it was great. This time we ate from the extensive dinner menu.
I had the tempura prawns to start, which were nice but the batter was slightly thick. I then had a griddled pork steak with coconut rice, thai salad and garlic and pepper sauce. It was really really tasty, especially the rice. The salad was a little odd but I think it was just a new palate. My friend had the chicken spring rolls and vegetable stir-fry. Both of which were great.
The atmosphere is great but the service was a little slow. There were three staff on a really busy night and once we had our mains it was difficult to get drink re-fills, desserts or coffees. But worth a visit.
Prices were average £9-£15 for a main.

1 Thank KeiraJayne

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Dunde
“Quality Food and Service at the Rama Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Will keep this short and sweet Fantastic well presented food from a very extensive menu,smart service and fair prices this is going to be one of my favorite eating places for a very long time.Please try this place if you have never been you wont be disappointed.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I think if you like thai food you probably won't be disappointed by Rama Thai. I had the fish cakes and the massaman curry with jasmine rice both were fine. My colleague had a prawn starter which was a little too chewy but her Salmon main was very pleasant.
The service was fine too.

Wilmington, Delaware
“Always come back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I travel to Dundee on business regularly, and have been to Rama Thai many times. The menu is extensive, the food is always fresh, and the wait staff is excellent. I usually have some form of duck and the coconut rice is always perfect. Highly recommend, despite the inconvenience caused by the road construction that seems to be on-going.

Isle of Lewis, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Thai restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

It's been a while since I last did an overnight in Dundee but I was delighted when this one was organised because I knew that I would be able to return to the Rama Thai. I have eaten here many times over the last four or five years and I have never been disappointed. The service is quick, efficient and yet discrete. The food is just amazing. I was surprised to see the number of 'terrible' reviews - as far as I am concerned, Rama Thai is a great example of high-class Thai food. I shared Satay and King Prawns for starters and then a Red Thai Curry with sticky rice for the main course, accompanied by a bottle of Tiger. Everything was spot on. Highly recommended.