“Fantastic - simply delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Blue Marlin - CLOSED

The Blue Marlin
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: We are located 10min walk from the train station, and a 5min walk from the bus station.
Description: This modern seafood restaurant is situated in one of the original sheds on the Dundee dock. So as not to disappoint, we do not have a sea view as modern buildings now occupy the water front location. The restaurant is owned and run by husband and wife team Steve and Alison Hyatt. On offer is an international style menu show-casing a blend of flavours and textures from around the world with the great produce of Scotland. We have a special offer menu available at lunch and pre-theatre £11.50 for 1 course, £15 for 2 and £18.50 for all 3 to compliment our a la carte menu which you can enjoy lunch or dinner. Children of 8 years and above are welcome.
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Fantastic - simply delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Went for dinner with friends and had the five course taster menu. It was quite simply delicious. Great staff, very attentive and high quality food!

• Visited September 2013

Scotland
“Lovely place.. let down by one staff member's attitude”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I had heard such great things about this place and so decided to book it for my boyfriend's birthday lunch. I requested a nice table and when we arrived, we were seated in the corner next to the waiter's station (so would have the serving staff standing next to our table, taking out cutlery and puting things away throughout the meal) and overlooking the car park.

I asked if there were any tables at the window as I had asked for a nice table. The waitress screwed up her face, raised her eyebrows and pointed at the window overlooking the car park. She said 'there is a seat over there but it's just exactly the same'. I was extremely taken aback by this response. I have worked as a waitress for three and a half years and would NEVER speak to even the most difficult customer with that attitude! I understand if there were no other decent tables (despite my request for one!), but the way I was told about it was unacceptable.

Regardless, we ordered drinks while I thought about the exchange. By the time the drinks had arrived, my boyfriend and I had already decided we were leaving. I paid for the drinks (£5.20 for two bottles of coke, really?) and was asked by the same waitress if everything was ok. She knew I was unhappy about the exchange, I could tell by the awkward way she returned to the table with our drinks, but I told her again about my unhappiness with the table (please note: I have NEVER walked out of a restaurant before).

I was really disappointed. The place itself looked really nice and the menu looked ok, but that particular waitress lost the restaurant our custom. Instead, we went to the Tasting Rooms just along the road and had a brilliant experience (and spent over £70 on drinks alone)

5 Thank peachy1989
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Great sea food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Three of us had different starters and mains and all were absolutely top rate. One had the early diners meal and it was great value for money. Great choice throughout the menu. Service very good. Wine list offered a good range of choice apart from a lack of Burgundy. Third visit and will certainly return.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fab Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had a delicious meal at this restaurant. All the fish dishes were beautiful and my son's steak was cooked to perfection. The restaurant was busy so the atmosphere was lively! Staff were friendly and helpful. We will certainly be returning to this little gem.

• Visited July 2013
Manchester
“Thoroughly Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Went here with two work colleagues and was thoroughly impressed. We were early so took advantage of the early diners deal. I don't normally favour these but, at £15 for two courses, this was excellent. I had the mussels followed by deliciously flavoured coley.

Top call and great value; the service was exceptional and its great to see a family owned restaurant doing so well. Recommended.