“An enjoyable lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Blue Marlin - CLOSED

The Blue Marlin
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: We are located 10min walk from the train station, and a 5min walk from the bus station.
Description: This modern seafood restaurant is situated in one of the original sheds on the Dundee dock. So as not to disappoint, we do not have a sea view as modern buildings now occupy the water front location. The restaurant is owned and run by husband and wife team Steve and Alison Hyatt. On offer is an international style menu show-casing a blend of flavours and textures from around the world with the great produce of Scotland. We have a special offer menu available at lunch and pre-theatre £11.50 for 1 course, £15 for 2 and £18.50 for all 3 to compliment our a la carte menu which you can enjoy lunch or dinner. Children of 8 years and above are welcome.
Dundee, United Kingdom
“An enjoyable lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Well I was quite impressed with this restaurant. Admittedly it was rather quiet on the Wednesday lunchtime when I visited with my wife, but the service and the food were both very good. It is a bit expensive - three courses from the set menu plus one soft drink and one coffee each came to just under £50 - but for a special occasion, this does not seem too unreasonable.

Dundee, United Kingdom
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Had dinner there with my wife last Friday, although the food was was quite good it was certainly overpriced . The service was good but it was a little disconcerting seeing the two microwave ovens in the kitchen being put to constant use, no wonder the food arrived quickly. The restaurant wasn't busy and lacked atmosphere. Our first time there and quite possibly the last.

3 Thank freeguard
dundee
“so rude!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Tried to book lunch and told it was fully booked ( because i had an itison voucher!!- dont sell them if you dont want to redeem them??!!!!!) If i paid as normal, yes, we could have lunch. Woman on phone was beyond abrupt and extremely rude - I suggest she brushes up on her manners and ways of speaking to people , especially potential customers. My ratings below are based on past experience of the dining experience - this particular review is based on a thoroughly unpleasant telephone encounter.

4 Thank Matthew G
atlanta
“Not my favorite”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to like this place as it is family run and the fish is very fresh, but honestly I was very disappointed. I found the food uninspired and expensive. For example, my Cullen skink ( smoked haddock chowder) had hardly any fish in it and the side salad was nothing more than iceberg lettuce with some cucumber slices and grated carrot. The grilled scallops were excellent - but 20 pounds for a small, very disappointing bowl of soup, an uninspired little salad and 3 scallops was kind of ridiculous in my opinion - especially in comparison to the feast of creative , interesting food we had the previous night at the tapas bar for 17 pounds or the amazing 3 course lunch we had another day at Bon Appetit for 12!

2 Thank camjwg
“Lovely lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I went with a friend for lunch and had a very nice experience! The staff were polite and not overbearing, the food was delicious and the price was what I was expecting. The portion sizes were just right for a lunch time and I came away feeling very satisfied and I would defiantly return.