“Drop in!”
Review of Metro Brasserie

Metro Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Metro Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #137 of 380 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: Scottish, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Filled with natural daylight, Metro Brasserie is a bright, yet intimate restaurant with breathtaking views over the Dundee quayside. Metro offers both comfortable sofas for those wishing to enjoy a relaxed bite to eat and a more formal dining setting with stylish booths and window-tables that enable guests to absorb the striking views as they dine. With internationally influenced dishes created by Head Chef, Michael Robinson, Metro Brasserie delivers a taste of Scotland combined with flavours from Italy, South America and the Pacific Rim.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Drop in!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Pleasant bar and brasserie-type restaurant. Good choice of drinks, snacks and main courses.

Well-located across from City Quay, within walking distance of the city centre shopping areas and also Dundee's main tourist attraction, the 'Discovery' antarctic vessel.

Pleasant staff and reasonable prices.

Visited December 2013

London
“Lovely restaurant but pricey”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a lovely evening meal recently here, the tables are nicely set apart so you don't feel you are sitting on top of each other. The service was a little slow but when the girls did arrive they were very pleasant and friendly. The chef seemed to be very accommodating too, as my husband asked about the sauce on a particular dish, the chef said he could do it as requested, which is quite impressive on a busy Saturday night. The food, when it arrived was as expected from a restaurant of this quality although we did think £25 for a sirloin steak a little pricey. On saying that, I have been several times now to this restaurant and the food is always good. The setting is wonderful, overlooking the lit harbour and for a treat I would recommend this restaurant.

Leslie, Fife
“Excellent meal and service”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Had a superb dinner for two at the restaurant, got a table overlooking the harbour which really pleased my wife. The food and wine was excellent, helped along by the fact that it was on a Sunday special deal with £45 discount being applied as we were staying the night. The service was attentive, very pleasant and never obtrusive. All in all would heartily recommend and will definitely return.

Dundee
“Lovely meal, great staff”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Excellent meal, very attentive waitress (heavily pregnant!). Drinks refilled promptly, no waits between courses and delicious food.

We'll be back!!!

Dundee
“Food a big let down!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My mother and I enjoyed a spa day package at yu spa within the Apex today. A three course lunch was part of the package. It was a shame that the food wasn't up to the same quality as the experience we had in the spa area.

I ordered a flat bread steak, which read as a steak baguette style meal with chips. The waitress did not ask how I wanted this cooked, when it was served, it was cooked rare and I couldn't eat it. Once I had explained the situation I wasn't offered another option or for the dish to be brought back out as I would like. The tables were not cleared around as as people left, even though it was at the tail end of lunch time and the restaurant wasn't busy. The main problem was the communication barrier with our waitress'. We politely repeated three times that we would like three desserts and only two were served. One waitress in particular was not welcoming and struggled to understand what we were asking for, e.g.....a jug of water on the table (which took 20 minutes to appear).

I, myself have worked in the food industry and I know how demanding a waitressing job can be. But the restaurant area was not busy at all. I did not see any reason for the service to be as poor as it was.

Definitely would not recommend if you plan to dine in a friendly and efficient atmosphere! Such a pity as the yu spa was fantastic!

2 Thank Diane K