“Excellent Premier Inn”

Premier Inn Dundee West Hotel
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The great selling point about a Premier Inn is that you know what to expect and, other than on one occasion, this has always been our experience. This hotel is no exception: the room was larger than some, spotlessly clean with friendly staff - what more can you ask for at £25 a night! We will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Owen B, Manager at Premier Inn Dundee West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thank you for your review of Dundee West Premier Inn.

We are pleased that you had an excellent stay with us and that our hotel and staff met your expectations. Our team are committed to delivering the highest level of service to all our guests and your feedback is so important to us.
We hope to see you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Dundee West Hotel

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Well It is exactly what you would expect from a chain such as this. Clean rooms, standard greetings and not much that you would really find to complain about. The pub attached as the standard food chain affair with nice food, but yea, other than the pricing of the hotel rooms slowly going up over the years, nothing bad you could really say, does exactly what it says on the tin "budget hotel chain".

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Owen B, Manager at Premier Inn Dundee West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Dundee West Premier Inn.

It was good to hear you enjoyed your stay at Dundee West, Hopefully there are many more stays to follow!

I will also pass this on to the team who will be happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay also

I will pass on your feedback to the Beefeater Restaurant as they will be delighted with your comments about the there nice food

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed here Monday night and it was the best nights sleep I have had in a Premier Inn. Quiet, comfortable bed and a powerful shower. Breakfast was really good as well. As a business user these are the main things I look for as well as Wifi. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Owen B, Manager at Premier Inn Dundee West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Dundee West Premier Inn.

The Team here at Dundee West are delighted that we provided you with the best nights sleep you have ever had in Premier Inn. We strive to give our guests the best facilities possible and are delighted that we have done that for you , from the comfortable bed to the powerful shower and the availability of WIFI.

I will also pass your comments on to the Beefeater restaurant on how good your breakfast was in the morning as I know they will be delighted to hear this.

I look forward to your return to Dundee West and I hope we can make your stay just as good or maybe even better!!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Stayed here over Christmas & New Year period with friends who have family in Dundee. I gave it 5 out of 5 last time but this time although we enjoyed our stay we had a couple of grumbles. The hotel is very clean, very spacious & very comfortable and the reception staff were very friendly, but their seemed to be a staff shortage and on a couple of days over the period the rooms weren't cleaned etc. But what annoyed us the most was the hostile attitude of the restaurant manageress, first of all when we first checked in we got told that we had booked for four Christmas dinners and she wanted confirmation and payment. At no time did anyone from our group book Christmas dinner as we had made other arrangements elsewhere a long time ago, we have no idea where this so called booking came from, when we relayed this to the manageress her attitude was disgraceful she mumbled that she was going to lose money etc because we weren't having the booking. This was none of our business if she had made a mistake or if someone else in the hotel was trying to influence us into having dinner there, as I said at no time did a booking come from anyone from our group so why was she being so rude and so unprofessional in our direction? Also on New Years Eve too we got told by the receptionist that we could order dinner up until 6pm before a special menu was being implemented, but on that afternoon the restaurant manageress changed this at a very short notice to 5.30pm which was very inconvenient to us. Apart from that breakfast was very good but the main bar menu could do with more choice.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Owen B, Manager at Premier Inn Dundee West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Dundee West Premier Inn.

I would like to apologise regards your room not being serviced during the festive period. I will pass this on to the Head Housekeeper who will be deeply disappointed this has occurred during your stay with us, and I hope this will not detract you from staying with us in the future.

I will also pass on your comments to the manager of the beefeater restaurant

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Excellent accomodation quiet rooms good value for money, comfotable beds and large rooms well equiped.The Beefeater restaurant serves very good food .And I particularly enjoyed the Breakfast.I will stay here again.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Dundee West Premier Inn.

It was fantastic to hear you enjoyed your stay in a Premier Inn so much. Hopefully there are many more stays to follow!

I will also pass this on to the team who will be thrilled to here that you enjoyed your stay also

I will pass on your feedback to the Beefeater Restaurant who will thrilled to here these great comments especially about the breakfast!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I found this hotel very quiet at night. Doors close quietly which is not the case in some other hotels. I certainly slept well and my room was very clean and comfortable. Reception staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review your first stay with us at Dundee West Premier Inn.

We really do strive to make everyone’s stay comfortable and enjoyable and it means a lot to the team to receive such positive feedback.

I will pass the feedback onto the team and they will delighted that they have made your stay memorable.

We hope to see you again in the future and make your stay just as memorable.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The 3 night stay here was very comfortable as always. Restaurant though I feel lets it down every time. Food isn't bad but service is slow and the staff seems very overworked and unhappy. Please sort out the staffing as it's not the first time we've come across very stressed out staff there.

Room Tip: Request a room to the back as they are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

I will pass the feedback onto the team and they will delighted that they have made your stay enjoyable

I will also pass the feedback on to the Beefeater restaurant regards your experience that you had