“Much better than i had expected, a very high standard at a very reasonable price”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Dundee West Hotel
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I booked a room for the night with our 2 and a half year old daughter and considering the room for the night was only £35 we decided to book the all you can eat breakfast for £15 for us both, which includes under sixteens eating free too.
The room was very well appointed a very good size, clean with comfortable beds and far enough away from the main road for it to be silent throughout the night. Although that may be due to the soundproofing of the rooms rather than the location.
The breakfast was well worth the money, with an almost limitless selection and the service was excellent.
Both my wife and I were very impressed.

• Stayed May 2013
Kim R, Manager at Premier Inn Dundee West Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013

I would like to thank you for your review on your recent stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also pleased to hear that you took full advantage of Premier Inn's deals. I will pass on your messages to the restaurant team about the breakfast you enjoyed.

We hope to welcome you back soon

Kim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Inverness
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Was attending a function in Dundee & stayed overnight at this Premier Inn. The room was clean & well appointed, beds comfortable & everything for an overnight stay provided. Reception & restaurant staff very helpful & friendly. Would stay here again.

I would like to thank you for your review on your recent stay with us.

I am glad to hear that it was a pleasant surprise. I will pass on your messages to the team here.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Having just had an excellent stay at the premier inn Dundee west it was spoilt a tad by the shockingly high bar prices. The staff on the other hand were far from shocking, very polite chatty well informed hard working people that made you feel at ease here, a real credit too the Scottish hospitality industry. The hotel itself seems too be in the middle of nowhere, but if you cross the dual carriage way(very carefully) there is a bus stop just at the end of the small path, about 50feet from the dual carriage way which takes you into the centre of Dundee for £3 return! The hotel runs a MONEY BACK POLICIE if you dont get a good nights sleep,so i tried to get e refund due too my partners snoring but they told me that didnt count! Ha Ha, So all in all a good hotel in a fine location, just a pity about several of the drinks prices, all the best too the staff and wish them well for the future, will be back sometime.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kim R, Manager at Premier Inn Dundee West Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013

I would like to thank you for your review on your recent stay with us.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the team here made you feel welcome. I will pass on your comments to the team. I will also pass your comments on to the restaurant management team.

We wish you the best and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn Dundee West.

Peterhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Having now gone back to sample this Premier Inn after my last stay,I must welcome to changes to this hotel.New double glazing units have been fitted to all rooms,resulting in a much warmer sleeping area within the bedrooms/bathrooms.No longer is it a cold univiting hotel but along with this new warmth comes a dedicated desk staff who go out of their way to make your stay so much more enjoyable.Courtsey comes from good training and Iam quite sure that the senior area management have done a good job in staff training and site management.The restaurant and bar comes under the Whitbread banner as is the Premier Inn brand,it would be nice for desk staff at the Premier Inn and the bar/restaurant staff not to mention that they are not connected,who ever thought up this statement needs to move with the times.Although we had our meals in the bar area,which were up to a very good standard as were the waiting staff,I had to wonder who made up the shockingly high bar prices,so high that we chose to by our wine by the bottle which worked out at a cheaper rate than by the glass.Iam quite sure that due to the high bar prices,most residents of the hotel were buying their drinks from the abundant supermarkets in the area.

In ending this review I would like to thank the Dundee West Premeir Inn hotel staff for doing a good job in helping the customers to have a good stay without any problems.Before I would use the bar again I would have to have a good deal without the unhospitable high bar prices.

I will be back to enjoy this Premeir Inn again,many times,best wishes to you all.

ps had a wee look at the Camperdown Prtemier Inn as well as the bar and Weavers Mill Restaurant,you would have to pay me to go back.To area management of Premier Inn start working for your salary,if not find another job,perhaps sweeping up the car parks......

Room Tip: Choose a room over looking the main car-park,no noise with new double glazing and the sun shines in...

I would like to thank you for your review on your recent stay with us.

I'm glad you see a difference with our new windows, they have made the hotel look and feel a lot better and warmer. I am also glad to hear that you were made to feel welcome by the staff. The hotel and the restaurant are owned by the same company however we are different businesses so it is difficult to sort out any issues that people may have using the reception desk. We are still working within this transition and hope to provide our guests with the best hotel/dining experience possible.

I will pass your comments about the team and prices to the management.

We hope to welcome you back into Premier Inn Dundee West again soon.

Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Myself and my partner chose to stay at the Premier Inn West Dundee on Friday the 10th of May while attending a music event in the city. We had traveled from Paisley, Scotland.

Upon checking into the hotel we were greeted by a friendly and enthusiastic receptionist who provided us with all the relevant information we needed for our stay and also engaged us in conversation, showing a genuine interest in our visit to the hotel and Dundee itself.

When we entered our room we were pleasantly surprised by the facilities. Having stayed in the Premier Inn previously at various locations I am aware that the hotels vary from site to site. Having only paid £42 for our nights stay we expected only really the bare essentials but this
wasn't the case. We were greeted by a large and very comfortable double bed, a spacious bathroom which included a bath and also a fantastic flat screen television attached to the wall in front of the bed. The room itself had plenty of space and was a comfortable temperature upon
arrival although we did note that there was a fan and a heater should we have wished to adjust the temperature at all. The room had plenty of lights, mirrors and storage space which also added to our satisfaction with the room itself.

When we came to going out for the evening the same receptionist was on duty and she wished us a good evening and again provided a very personal approach to us as customers.

Upon return to the hotel around midnight we noted that the hotel itself was now very quiet and peaceful and this allowed us to quickly settle down to sleep.

A 12 o'clock check out in the morning was much to our liking and allowed us to enjoy our surroundings just that little bit longer.

All in all we had a fantastic stay at the Premier Inn West Dundee and received excellent customer service and value for money.

I would be happy to return to this hotel and in fact recommend others to visit.

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor at the far end of the corridor. Room 22 if I remember correctly. Th...
Hi

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you found the hotel comfortable and enjoyed the facilities we provide. I'm glad to hear that you were felt welcome and that the room was to your satisfaction. I will pass on your comments to the team as it is always good to get feedback, good or bad.

We hope to welcome you back to Dundee West Premier Inn again soon.

Erskine, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights weekend of 3-5th May and were very satisfied with this hotel. Recently refurbished, the hotel was clean and well heated and all staff we experienced were courteous and helpful. We were on the 1st floor (no lift) looking into courtyard so it was quiet. Comfy bed, good shower, lots of tv channels (nice big flat screen tv's), hair dryer, table and armchairs in room and spacious enough to walk around. Plenty of room under the bed for your bags!
Didn't use the restaurant or bar so cannot comment on that. Location wise, it was good for easy access back home to the west and north up to Forfar and only a 5-10 minute drive into the centre of Dundee. We paid £69 for 2 nights, so mustn't grumble.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 39, away from busy road so nice n' quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hi

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and found it well equipped. I am glad you found the room peaceful and spacious.

I will pass your comments on to the team and we hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn Dundee West again soon.

shropshire
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed here for one night on business and the problem with a lot of chains is that you are entirely dependant on the local staff. This turned out to be good.

The hotel is on the main road but as long as your room is not facing it then it is not a problem. The rooms are clean, spacious and well equipped. The TV was interesting as I couldn't find it until I looked up on the wall and this massive flat screen thing was there! The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was well equipped and clean.

Breakfast was good with what I think was local produce. But... book inclusive because if you pay for it then it's a lotta money!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

I would like to thank you for your review on your recent stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you found the staff welcoming, we take pride in our customer service. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and found the bed comfortable.

I will pass on your messages to the team here and we hope to welcome you into Dundee West Premier Inn again soon.