“Pleasant enough”

Premier Inn Dundee North Hotel
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was only here for one night as a stop over so didn't really experience it fully. No shops nearby, that I know of, but plenty of junkfood! Cinema there as well. Easy enough to get to and there was enough parking for me. The snack machine at reception was out of order at the time of visit also. One thing I would change is the toilet paper. It's been a while since I've come across really rough cheap toilet paper like that. I have no idea who supplies it, but I think the supplier must use recycled sandpaper.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back of the building are maybe better, because it means you are away from the 24hr driv...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jamie O, General Manager at Premier Inn Dundee North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear AileenM3,

Thank you for taking the time to review Dundee North.

I can only apologize that the vending machine was out of order during your stay. There are plenty local eateries in the area, which we would be happy to recommend.

I have recorded your feedback regarding our toilet paper for future reference.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed here instead of Gourdie Croft where we normally stay.
Just as welcoming. Staff very accommodating with any problems.
Didn't use restaurant as we have relatives in area.
Recommend Premier Inns as good value and widespread.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear SB3814,

Thank you for taking the time to review Dundee North and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My son slept on the sofa bed first night and next morning he was in pain.2nd night I slept on the sofa bed and believe me I felt every single spring on my back. When I check the bed it was no mattress it was a base.i told staff they put a single mattress top of the base.she said will refund first 2 nights stay but they only gave refund just first night.and I am not happy

• Stayed: August 2013
Jamie O, General Manager at Premier Inn Dundee North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear JamJess1,

Thank you for taking the time to review Dundee North.

I can only apologise for your recent stay with us. Our rooms which can sleep 2 adults and 2 children are the same as the majority of Premier Inn’s around the country which is a king size bed, sofa bed with a full mattress and a truckle bed which is a pull out bed which is only designed for children due to its size.

Looking back at your history I see that you have been refunded for both nights but these will appear in your account on different days as when you informed us of your complaint after the first night, that was refunded and again when you checked out the second night was refunded.

If you wish to stay with us again, please contact us in advance and we can arrange an alternative bed to be placed in your room.

I hope this finds you well and if you wish to contact me directly please do so on my details bellow.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

In August 2013 on holidays from Australia my sister and I booked a twin room for 1 night on our way to Aberdeen. We found the Hotel was great but felt the restaurant was not up to the standard of most we have stayed in previously.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Jamie O, General Manager at Premier Inn Dundee North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear JeannetteM,

Thank you for taking the time to review Dundee North.

Its great you found the hotel great but could you please contact me directly regarding your visit to our affiliated restaurant.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

my partner and myself stayed at Dundee north premier inn for 5 nights,we had plenty of things to do on out doorstep there was the camper down wildlife park which has its own championship golf course, 3 different places to eat, and the cinema all between 100 yards- 500yards from where we stayed, not forgetting a 5-10 minute drive to Dundee city centre... We also found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, I would definitely recommend staying there

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Golfgirl12,

Thank you for taking the time to review Dundee North.

Its fantastic to hear you enjoyed your recent visit with us and found plenty of things to do in the area.

If you are returning to the area for golf, please contact me directly as I can arrange discounted green fees on many local courses in Dundee and Angus.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Staff were very helpfully and friendly. Room was ideal for myself and two children. We had come up for a family wedding and this was a great base. The room was very clean, was impressed. We also booked to have breakfast, yummy. I would recommend that you do this unless you enjoy fast food.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jamie O, General Manager at Premier Inn Dundee North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear EssexSwimTeach,

Thank you for taking the time to review Dundee North.

It’s good to read you found everything in order and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were visiting for a conference and the city centre Premier Inn was fully booked so we stayed here and and saved money.
The staff were excellent, very helpful and extremely nice.
The room was very quiet and I had a great sleep both nights.
The location is out of town but easy for a taxi and no problem.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Roncadora,

Thank you for taking the time to review Dundee North.

It’s great you found everything in order and I will pass on your kind comments to the team.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Jamie