“back to roots”

Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
coventry
“back to roots”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

highly recommend this accomodation, especially for cleanliness,and comfort.reception staffare so helpful and friendly.had a little hicup in the weavers pub next door, as we paid for b&b,first morning we went down for breakfast, we didnt get any? no organisation at all that morning,had to get a refund with other paying guests,but bloke on reception put it all to rights for the next day.would definatly go back just for the accomodation.close to the town which has two in door shopping centres, and lots of shops,places to see.

Room Tip: did not experience anything bad with the two rooms we booked
1 Thank gullivercoventry
Jamie O, General Manager at Premier Inn Dundee North Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear GulliverCoventry,

Thank you for your recent review on Dundee North.

Its good to read you enjoyed your stay and would return, thank you and I will pass or your comments to the team.

It was myself who spoke to you regarding the breakfast and I know they got it right the next day.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Jamie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Hotel and room fine but you may not get the good nights sleep that they guarantee. The hotel is located within a retail and leisure park. Opposite the hotel is a 24hr fast food outlet with cars coming and going all night. Added to this was the karaoke session in the room next door to me which went on until 3 in the morning. With no phone in the room, it would have meant myself and my very young child having to dress and walk to reception to complain.

If you have never experienced a restaurant with truly disgusting food and wish to broaden your horizons, try the restaurant that partners the hotel. I had never asked to talk to a manager in a restaurant to ask for my money back before, I can now strike that off my to do list. I did mention the noise from the 24hr McDonalds but after the experience in the restaurant I was glad to have somewhere else to go for breakfast.

Overall a nice room and friendly staff and location is good for cinema, park, ice rink and fast food. Avoid the restaurant, which premier inn are quick to point out is not owned or operated by themselves but are happy enough to take your money and send you there if you decide to include food with your stay.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room at the back, less traffic and no noise from rooms above.
1 Thank Billbo69
Dear Billbo69,

Many thanks for your recent review of Dundee North.

I dont like to read that you didnt have a good nights sleep due to the local area and from other guests making a noise.

The team over night as well as through the day carry out regular corridor checks to ensure noise is kept minimum and I'm sorry on this occasion that you were disturbed.

With regards to your feedback on the Weavers Mill restaurant I will pass on your feed back to their manager.

Can you please contact me directly regarding your disturbed sleep on 01382 489229 or operationsmanager.dundeenorth@whitbread.com

Reviewed February 13, 2013

we were visiting dundee for a family funeral and chose this premier inn staying 2,3,4th february.
after a long 7 hour drive from milton keynes we were tired and hungry so were very glad to arrive here .
our first impressions were good its very easy to find just off the main road into dundee located in a leisure park .
we were welcolmed by very friendly reception staff and check in was very efficient and quick .
our room was very welcolming being nice and warm.
the room was spotless,very clean and well maintained .
you really wont get a cleaner hotel than this for the price we paid at around £49 a night .over a weekend .
this premier inn is in a leisure park with a cinema next door and an ice rink .
we didnt book breakfast but was no issue as there is a mcdonalds right opposite .also an indian restaurant and a pub/restaurant adjacent to the inn which is rather good value .
dundee city centre is only a very short drive from the hotel

would recommend this hotel and we will be planning to return here later in the year .

Room Tip: would say quieter rooms on the top floor where we stayed
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jamie O, General Manager at Premier Inn Dundee North Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear LDavies77,

Thank you for your recent review on Dundee North.

Its good to hear you enjoyed your stay even in difficult circumstances. I will pass on your kind words to the team and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Premierinn.com offer saver rates and from time to time rooms can sell for £19 - £29 if you register online you will receive updates when these room go live for sale...

Markinch, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Visited dundee and stayed in a family room. Plenty of room for us all myself and my son and his two children, aged 14 and 5. We were welcomed by very friendly reception staff. We had our evening meal in Weavers Mill and enjoyed it. This morning we all went for breakfast and again were welcomed by very friendly and helpful staff. My grandaughter and I had porridge, never seen such a big plate full. Thoroughly enjoyed breakfast. Thanks for a great stay.!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jamie O, General Manager at Premier Inn Dundee North Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Carol186531,

Many thanks for your recent review.

Its good to hear you had a great stay and found our reception team friendly as they all strive to provide the best possible service to each and every guest.

I will pass on your kind comments to both my reception team and our affiliated restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2013

After sitting in horrendous traffic for much longer than I should've I was grumpy to say the least when I arrived here..... As soon as the receptionist started chatting I felt my little grumpy cloud over me disperse. I never caught her name but she had dark hair and glasses. She was so warm and friendly I felt as though i was talking to a close friend. An ideal person to be dealing with the public =)

It's hotel is right next to Dundee ice rink, a cineworld cinema, an Ashoka shack, McDonald's , KFC and a pub/restaurant.

My only gripe as with the majority of premier inns is the lack of socket next to bed to charge phone.

I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I had room 103 which is at the opposite side of the car park which has the pub and McDonald's et...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear AudreyDaisy,

Thank you for your recent review of Dundee North.

Its great to hear your cloud was lifted once you arrived at the Hotel I think I know who you spoke to and will pass on your kind comments to her.

With regards to the plug sockets the more recently refurbished Premier Inns have sockets beside the bed and once we receive a refurbishment in the near future we will also have them.

Thanks again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Jamie OIiphant
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was visiting Dundee with my sister to see other relatives as a birthday treat for her. It had occurred to me to do that when I was emailed with the offer of a £19 in advance room deal. It turned out to be a great bargain, and if it is offered again, I wouldn't hesitate to book this Premier Inn again.
Our twin room was very comfortable, cosy and warm on a day when there was snow and it was bitterly cold outside. The paths around the inn were gritted thankfully and access to the car park area was fine. While we didn't eat there, we did go to the pub for a drink, and that was very welcoming with a good deal on buy one get one free meals.The menu looked very nice and if we hadn't been going to visit relatives, we'd have eaten there.
The staff we spoke to were all lovely, knowledgeable and friendly, and got me decaffeinated coffee on asking. It would be a good idea to have decaff. tea available too, but that's my only minor point which could be improved on.
My sister has colleagues who had a very noisy uncomfortable stay in a central hotel in Dundee,( not a Premier Inn ) and she will be recommending this Inn as a much better alternative.
We'll be back!

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor in a twin room at the rear of the building where it was very quiet, alth...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jamie O, General Manager at Premier Inn Dundee North Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear OlaStirlingshire,

Thank you for your recent review of Dundee North.

Its good to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

West Lothian
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Ok experience. You get what you pay for. Got a room with a connecting door. Very noisy neighbours meant sleepless night when they came in at 3 in the morning.

Premier In staff (Leah) handled our complaint really well. Very professional indeed.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get a room with a connecting door!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jamie O, General Manager at Premier Inn Dundee North Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Alan1067,

Thank you for your recent honest review.

I'm sorry to read your sleep was disturbed from noisy neighbours at 3am and I will pass on your kind words to Leah.

We hope to welcome you back in the future and if you would like to contact the reception on dundeenorth.pti@whitbread.com my team will ensure you are not allocated an interconnecting room.