“dreadful”

Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Glamis, United Kingdom
“dreadful”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

just back from a two night stay here and it was simply the worst hotel experience ever.
the hotel in itself, is as you would expect from a well used premier inn.
the staff in fairness seemed friendly enough.
the room, well, freezing, the heating would not stay up and seemed to keep resetting at 16c, not great.
no beds done , no towels , no toilet roll, no soap in the dispensers the bins not emptied, staff smoking at frnt door , in all a dreadful experience, which honestly made me think that the hotel had been abandoned for the xmas break and that it was up to the residents to fend for themselves ,
i am really dissapointed as premier inns in the past have been good value and clean.
this episode will make me seriously think about booking another off this chains hotels again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Caledonia1320
Jamie O, General Manager at Premier Inn Dundee North Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Kenny M,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am disappointed that you didn’t have a good experience with us and it concerns me that your heating kept re setting to 16 degrees.

I can only apologize that your room was not serviced during your stay the only thing it could have been is if there was a do not disturb sign on the door as no staff would have not entered to ensure your privacy was kept.

We were running a full service over the Christmas period with the only difference that our affiliated restaurant was closed for breakfast.

If you would like to contact me directly to discuss the matter further please do so on my details bellow.

operationsmanager.dundeenorth@whitbread.com or 01382 489229

Jamie Oliphant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Tranent, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The hotel was good, clean and the staff were welcoming.

The restaurant in the attached pub however - FORGET IT! The food was terrible and the staff unwelcoming. The whole place needs a clean and a makeover.

Dont bother aying for breakfast, there is a KFC and (once the renovations over is complete) a McDonalds not 30 seconds walk from the front door of the hotel.

The staff in the hotel were great and they refunded our breakfast which was a nice touch. Good to stay with young children. Great Locatio right in middle of teh Camperdown Leisure Park next to the Ice Rink, Cinema and restaurants. Camperdown Park is next door with the zoo there too!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jamie O, General Manager at Premier Inn Dundee North Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Albanam1342,

Thank you for your recent review of Dundee North.

I'm glad you found the Hotel clean and welcoming staff, I’ve passed on your comments to the team.

I'm disappointed you had a bad Restaurant experience at the Weavers Mill and i have given their Manager your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future as the Zoo in Camperdown park is fantastic in the warmer weather along with the big kids play park located next to the Zoo.

Kinloch Rannoch, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We were sent here by Travelodge who had double booked us.After seeing it first we thanked our lucky stars that they had sent us to this smashing hotel instead.The recp. on duty David,was both professional and faultless in dealing with 2 tired and weary ladies.The room was superb as was breakfast.Needless to say we have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and look forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: All romms,if same as ours,would be excellant.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jamie O, General Manager at Premier Inn Dundee North Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Jackie & Fiona,

Many thanks for your recent review of Dundee North Premier Inn.

Another hotels failure is our gain and I I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, I’ve passed on your kind comments to David and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

For the best rate visit premierinn.com as we are offering some fantastic £29 room deals!

Operations Manager
Fort William, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2012

First class from moment we arrived, met by helpful reception staff, clean room, chatty cleaners only a couple of things which could be improved on, 1 of them being biscuits in the room and the other being soft eggs for breakfast. Other than that we really enjoyed our stay and will return as location is perfect.

With your room key you get 20% off the Indian over the carpark, well worth it.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front seem quieter as a road runs behind the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jamie O, General Manager at Premier Inn Dundee North Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Smity283,

Thank you for your recent review. Its good to hear you found our team helpful and chatty and your room was clean, I will pass on your feedback to the team.

Unfortunately our standard is to no longer have biscuits in the bedrooms, and with eggs at breakfast there team will be more than happy to cook fresh eggs to order if you request.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

staffordshire
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Cant fault this hotel on its room or the day Staff both top quality , However when I arrived in the evening at my room the smell of tobacco was evident , reported this to the Lady on reception who offered to come and “ spay the room “ . Also as I needed to hire a care the next day I asked if they had any information on this , now im not sure if it’s the fault of the Hotel or the lack of enterprise on the car hire company’s but she had no information- advised me to get on line to find out - all I wanted was a phone number !! As a business traveller found this frustrating . The other point and I see by other reviews of this Hotel that others had the same complaint and again its may not be the fault of the hotel was the food at the pub next door but it was absolutely appalling and the hotel had the menus in my room and the reception so the must take some of the blame. So nice room-nice Staff – poor amenities.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank loanstar59
Dear loanstar59,

Thank you for your recent review. I'm glad you found your room and our staff top quality.

We should have offered to move you rooms in the first instance and not "spray" your room and we should have search for the car hire details on your behalf, I will look into this and ensure this doesn’t happen again.

The Weavers Mill is our affiliated Restaurant so we do provide there menus in our rooms, I will pass on your feedback to there Manager.

If you would like to give more feedback regarding your Restaurant experience please email me directly on operationsmanager.dundeenorth@whitbread.com

glasgow
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed at this premier inn 20th October for 1 night, reception staff very nice and pleasant, room was comfortable, had dinner in pub next door good value for money but needed earphones it was so noisy, breakfast was ok, had to wait a while for fresh food, One thing I have to comment about is the honest cleaning staff, my daughter ( age8) left her iPad in the room and didn't realise this, the cleaner has handed it in to reception, and we now have the iPad home safely so a massive thank you to the person who handed it in, nice to know there are some honest people around.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ailsaboyd
Jamie O, General Manager at Premier Inn Dundee North Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear ailsaboyd,

Thank you for your recent review of Dundee North. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I have passed on your kind comments to the team.

I hope to welcome you all back in the near future.

aberdeenshire
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The hotel has large comfortable very clean rooms with all the facilities sleeped well good for singles or families and the staff are good. the problem is the location its so far out of Dundee in a small shopping mall great if you like Big Mc or KFC and the food in the pub next door is standard mass produced junk but the beer is good price. So don't go their for a culenary experiences I had 3 nights eating rubbish find a hotel nearer city center

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jamie O, General Manager at Premier Inn Dundee North Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear StewartDick,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the Hotel, we are located on the outskirts of the city centre with easy links into the centre. Within the complex there is also a Cinema and Ice Rink who hold regular hockey games as well as free skate time.