As we drove into the car park at this Premier Inn, the hotel appealed instantly from the outside and an equally attractive bar/restaurant: The Bell Tree, sat adjacent to the hotel. There were plenty of free car parking spaces outside the hotel, so we had no trouble parking the car.
Across the road from the hotel a Co-op late shop, Domino's Pizza and a Chinese takeaway are amongst a small handful of shops which I thought was really handy and of course offers an alternative choice to eating in The Bell Tree.
We checked in and were greeted by friendly staff who welcomed us and spent time chatting about where we were from and what brought us to Dundee etc, before being given directions to our room which was up on the first floor and overlooking an attractive garden area at the rear of the hotel.
We used the lift up to the first floor as we had a suitcase, but used the stairs when we left and returned to the hotel later after eating out.
Our room was a spacious double room, decorated much the same as all Premier Inn rooms with their purple theme which I personally like. The room was also spotlessly clean throughout.
The window was small and dormer style which added character to the room with its sloping ceiling. Despite the window being smaller than most hotels I have stayed in, there was adequate light filtering through into the room, so the window size was not a problem.
Four pillows were placed upon the bed, but you can request more from Reception if you wish. The pillows I found extremely comfortable, as was the bed.
A fan was included in the room, which is something most Premier Inns seem to be adding to their rooms now.
A flat screen tv, tea/coffee making facilities, hair dryer, work space and open wardrobe hanging space was also provided as well as a large sofa bed.
The bathroom was also spotless, with bath and overhead shower. Shower gel and soap were provided in wall dispensers and also a couple of fluffy white towels each.
Myself and my partner felt comfortable at all times and had everything we needed and so there were no complaints from either of us as we spent an enjoyable night at this hotel.
Lovely meals are served in the adjacent pub/restaurant and we will definitely return to this Premier Inn in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the outskirts of Dundee at the border with Angus, conveniently located for visiting the city centre as well as the local towns of Broughty Ferry, Carnoustie, Monifieth, Arbroath & Forfar. Local attractions include sandy beaches, championship golf courses, award winning visitor attractions and country parks. The hotel is in a new village, next door to the Bell Tree restaurant and across the road from a small row of shops which includes a pharmacy, hairdressers & bakers. Double, twin and family rooms are available, with our family rooms suitable for a maximum of two adults and two children, a limited number of cots are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn and Priceline so you can book your Premier Inn Dundee East Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Dundee East Hotel Dundee
- Premier Inn Dundee East Hotel Scotland