“Great Hotel in a Fantastic Location”

Premier Inn Dundee Centre Hotel
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have just enjoyed a really great weekend break at this hotel. Everything was as it should be: the room was great and the bathroom likewise. We had a South facing room which looks directly onto the Firth of Tay - a brilliant view to wake up to! The location is also very convenient, being only a very short walk to the city centre. Altogether very highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking over the Firth.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Vickie S, Manager at Premier Inn Dundee Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you felt that our rooms were great and the location was very convenient for Dundee City Centre.

I was glad you liked our river view rooms, we do get a high number of requests from our guests for our river view rooms. I do hope that you visit us again at Dundee Centre, if you would prefer a river view room please give us a call on our direct number and let us know when you will be arriving and we will try our very best to allocate you a river view room.

Thank you once again for you comments.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This must be one of the quietest hotels in the Premier Hotel chain. We had a first floor room overlooking the River Tay and above the promenade walkway. We felt we were miles miles from anywhere. Very handy for the Discovery Centre (recommended) and in walking distance of the railway station and town centre. If we are ever in Dundee again we would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments regarding your recent experience with us at Dundee Centre Premier Inn. We do try our best to make each and every guests stay as enjoyable as possible and I am glad on this occasion we succeeded in doing so.

We were very pleased to hear that you felt that we were one of the quietest Premier Inn's that you have visited. We do try our best to keep noise levels to a minimum to help our guests have a good night's sleep.

One again thank you for your comments and I do hope that you stay with us again when visiting Dundee.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel recently and as always with Premier Inn a great nights sleep and a lovely room with flat screen tv and nice bathroom, excellent views across the river Tay and a cracking breakfast cooked to order. Ideal location for travellers (train station) and city centre.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view across the river
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Vickie S, Manager at Premier Inn Dundee Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you had a great nights sleep! I am glad you were allocated one of our river view rooms; we do get alot of guests commenting on how lovely the view is across the river Tay.

Thank you once again and I hope that you come and visit us at Dundee centre again soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel and were made to feel very welcome. The room did everything it needed to for a small family - clean, spacious enough to have allow a 2 year old to run about, nice large TV, massive signs telling people to be quiet at sleepy times. If we were staying in Dundee again (likely), this hotel would be the first and preferred choice!

Our only issue was with the plug sockets - we have a wee toddler and the plug sockets were at her level, where the rollout bed was and there was a possible affinity. The staff did all they could to make them safe, but plug socket protectors would give extra assurance even if the plug sockets were safety sockets.

Room Tip: Obviously the rooms on the river side are quieter, but we had a road facing room and the double wind...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Dundee Centre Premier Inn. We do try our best to make each and every guest feel as welcome as possible and we really enjoy hearing our guest's feedback both good and bad.

I was over the moon to hear that you felt that our team here at Dundee Centre made you feel welcome and that we would be your preferred choice when visiting Dundee again. I will pass your comments onto the team.

I will pass on your comments regarding the plug sockets to our head office team. I agree it would be a good idea if we had some plug socket protectors for our family rooms.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Fantastic location, no noise and excellent comfortable well kept rooms. Breakfast service excellent - lots of choice and asked on many occasions if we would like additional portions. Helpful and friendly staff. Lots of secure parking.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience with us at Dundee Centre Premier Inn. We take pride in our service delivery and we love to hear our guest’s feedback both good and bad as it helps us improve.

I was glad to hear that you thought we were a fantastic location with helpful and friendly staff and you had a good night sleep. I am also glad you enjoy our 'All you can eat' breakfast in the morning. I will pass your comments onto the team.

Thank you and come visit us again at Dundee Centre next time you are in Dundee.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Arrived at the hotel after an horrendous train journey. To make matters worse whe we arrived in Dundee it was blowing a gale, freezing cold and raining. I therefore wasnt in the best of moods, but after a friendly and very quick check in I soon started to thaw. It was very warm and cosy and had its own restaurant adjoining the hotel so I didnt have to go out in the cold again. Rooms spotless as you would expect and the restaurant is extremely good with very friendly staff.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the river would be lovely. The views are beautifull so I wish I had asked for one...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you had a horrendous train journey and that the weather was awful when you arrived in Dundee. However I am pleased that our friendly staff and warm and cosy environment made you feel better.

Thank you once again and I do hope that you will visit us at Dundee Centre Premier Inn in the near future.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Firstly Premier inns are what they are top quality and well trained staff- this one on the banks of the Tay was as you would expect both in terms of Staff and facility’s both top rate . But the problem they seem to have is with the restaurants that a join them,

We arrived at 9.30pm after a 6 hour drive from the midlands the staff were very welcoming and told us that we could get a meal next door until 10pm . we dumped our bags in our room and made our way to the restaurant arriving at just after quarter to ten . asked the waitress for a menu only to be told that the kitchen was shut as the did not think any one else would be coming to eat .

Now do you run a business for the benefit of your customers or the Staff who want to get off early .
The manager did appear about 20min later (WE STAYED FOR A DRINK ) and when and only when we approached her did she offer up an apologies . She even offered a free meal the next night but as we were only staying the one night it was an empty offer . she did buy us a drink at my suggestion .

We did have breakfast the next morning in the same venue as Its part of the premier inn and it was fantastic . with excellent service unlike the night before

Room Tip: on the river side
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Dundee Centre Premier Inn. Here at Premier Inn we do strive to make each and every guests stay as pleasant as possible.

I was very happy to hear that you felt that the staff and the facilities in our Premier Inn were of top rate.

I would like to apologise that you were unable to get food in the Table Table restaurant when you arrived. I will pass on your comments regarding the restaurant to the restaurant General Manager to address accordingly.

Thank you once again and I do hope that you come and visit us again at Dundee Centre Premier Inn.