Panmure Hotel
Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was the third time that I had bought a £19 Groupon voucher. On both previous occasions my husband and I had gone along and had no complaints. Both times my hubby had ordered the tandoori mixed grill with no problems with regard to the voucher, this being included.

However, on this occasion, my daughter and I went along for tea. The dining room was totally empty on a Friday evening apart from one couple. One waiter was serving bar and our table. My daughter asked if she could have poppadums and chutney instead of one of the more expensive starters and this was agreed. I ordered the mixed grill and my daughter had Korma (one of the cheaper options) with chips.

When the bill arrived, we noticed that not only had we been charged for the chips, but a £3.50 supplement for having the mixed grill. The waiter went to great pains to show this tiny print to me on the voucher. However, since the voucher clearly states that the Groupon value is £40.95 and our meal was nowhere near this amount, I feel somewhat aggrieved at all these additional charges. I appreciate naan bread is not included and we should pay for this, but with drinks, the bill came to nearly £30, which added to the £19 I had already paid for the voucher brings the total to nearly £50. I would have been better off staying and eating at my local Indian restaurant.

Sadly, I won’t be doing the Panmure again in a hurry.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank rileysgran

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed here in May this year and booked again two days after our stay.Again our room was fine and another warm welcome from Nick.The Indian meal on Saturday evening was brilliant.On Saturday afternoon we caught bus to Broughty Ferry and had a really good three hours there.A great weekend for my wife and myself.Hotel is worth going to for the food alone!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I dined in the suberb restaurant on the first night .. Food was amazing ( good big portion sizes) service was top notch and all in all a steal at half the price.
The management allocated us two rooms for the price of one for comfort...
The rooms are spotless and bright and airy. Bathrooms are sparkly clean.
All I can say is ... We are staying another night :))))

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We chose this hotel for dinner mainly because it was in walking distance to our campsite, also a local had suggested we try it out and we are VERY glad we did :)
The food was outstanding, and this is coming from a complete foodie who eats out 4+ a week and her very fussy son (age 12)
Although its predominantly Indian, we chose lasagna & macaroni from the alternative menu. It doesn't take Gordon Ramsey to make these, I know, but so many times, so many places got it wrong. But this was home made deliciousness cooked to perfection.
The staff were also very friendly and greeted and fare-welled us very warmly.
The hotel itself looks pretty.
We would be more than happy to eat here again & try more from there beautiful menu :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have stayed here twice and now heading for our third time, When we want a good Indian meal and a night away with plenty of places to visit Good pubs with music within walking distance and then back to a clean comfortable bed then rise in the morning to a warm welcome and breakfast to order then look no further than here

Room Tip: Phone and book Nick Is On and you will get a good deal 01382532911
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Had a lovely lunch at the panmure hotel good price , good portions,steak pie to die for friendly staff 10 percent off as we were at a local caravan park would recommend to any one ,Indian and European quisein acailable
Mr and Mrs Wilson. And friends.

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I recently orgainised a 50th birthday party for my mum here in the function suite and as she has been going through chemo, I wanted somewhere she could rest if feeling tired, during the party. The Panmure was perfect as we all could stay over with family and friends from out of town without it costing to much. The staff could not do enough to help and Nick is a brilliant manager. He makes you feel like a friend. The buffet was the best ive seen, more choice than the best weddings and special events that I have ever been to. They all helped me to make this a brilliant night for my mum and im very grateful. Thank you Nick and all your staff

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family