1,625 results
All reviews mal bar club room inner court dennis the menace mini bar continental breakfast itison deal beautiful hotel sunday lunch river view roll top bath an upgrade waiting staff car park main course overnight stay comfy bed
Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I visited for a night away at the end of November. We upgraded for just £9, which was good. The room was spacious and clean. We ate in the restaurant that night. To be honest it was very over priced for what it was. The wine was rediculasly expensive. The waitress was professional though. The problems arose in the morning. About 08:30/9 the hotel emptied their bottle bins. I work in a hotel myself and we never empty them until at least 10/11am. Then the fire alarm went off. When we enquired about this we were told it was scheduled test. Why weren't we told this? Also, we I called down to ask about the alarm the woman on reception was borderline rude. Overall, good hotel but a few things let it down.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
GMDUNDEE, General Manager at Malmaison Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2018

thank you for your feedback apologies for the late response we seemed to have missed your feedback earlier on. we Hope to welcome you again soon

Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

Having previously stayed at Malmaison back in September we had some criticism ...

However we returned for another 2 night stay last week (Friday & Saturday nights) and had a wonderfull stay... room 509.

Food was exceptional... would definitely return again..

Many thanks to Roula Samaha.

Kind Regards

Keith & Kirsteen Mclennan

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
GMDUNDEE, General Manager at Malmaison Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2017

thank you for your lovely comments, and we hope to see you again soon. I am pleased we impressed you on this occasion.

Reviewed December 5, 2017

We upgraded at a cost of 50% of the original cost and I wasn't overly impressed. The room was certainly better than your budget Hotel but I don't know what the original room would have comprised of. The upgrade guaranteed a 'river view' which we could see on the other side of the building site and portacabins.

I think the bed was super king size which is great, the bathroom was big and the toiletries supplied were usable.
The room has a mini bar at the usual prices and therefore has cups and glasses if you want to take your own beverages etc.

The check in is 3pm, we arrived early and they wouldn't even check to see if the room was available - check in is 3pm end of conversation!

Check out was also very slow, we waited approx. 20 minutes to simply hand in the keys, no receipt ect was required.

Biggest turn off for me was the amount of 'hair' on the rolled up bath mat, really isn't any need for that.

Had one drink in the bar, they didn't have what I wanted and charged me more than declared on the menu.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
GMDUNDEE, General Manager at Malmaison Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

thank you for your feedback, I am very sorry about your floor mat , I shall review this with our housekeeping team who work hard at maintaining cleanliness standards,
The waterfront development which the hotel looks over onto the Tay river, is the single largest development in Scotland which is aimed at a full regeneration of a city that will become pivotal tot he Scottish economy and will provide jobs for over 7000 staff. I appreciate it may be unsightly at present , however we look forward to how it will change the city's optics all over the UK and Europe.

Reviewed December 4, 2017

Stayed here on their 'Date Night' offer and were delighted with it from the moment we checked in to check out. We had an upgrade to a river view room which overlooked the new V&A building and the RRS Discovery which was lovely. The staff were great and the food excellent. The room decor was modern and the bed super comfy. We'll definitely return even though we live just 20 minutes away. Enjoyed the bottle of bubbly as well.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple

thank you for your lovely feedback, I am delighted you had a great stay, ,we look forward to welcome you back soon

Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for one night to attend a party night at the hotel. We had a lovely room on the sixth floor, looking out over the many chimney pots over the city. The room was beautifully appointed, lovely shower and fluffy towels. This is a stylish hotel, we really appreciate the quirky decor, keeping the old staircase and the decadent ambience. The breakfast was excellent, couldn’t fault the helpful service and pleasant staff. We also enjoyed the Christmas party night, food was delicious.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple

thank you very much for your lovely comments, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and Christmas party and we hope to see you again soon