“Great family fun” 5 of 5 bubbles

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Great family fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Read some of the reviews prior to going so was a bit worried what this would be like.

Have to say, we had a fantastic time and really can't understand why there are negative reviews about the new Olympia.

This is a great swimming and leisure facility.

The pools, variety of things to do, facilities, cleanliness and parking are much better than the old Olympia.

We went on a Sunday and it was busy but still plenty of room in both pools. The facilities were modern and there was loads of things for our 4 year old to do. The toddlers pool was fun for her as was the bigger pool which had waves and rapids, the flumes were good and varied though we didn't try the cannonball which drops you 3.8m in to the diving pool!

Having been to Center Parcs and some watermarks abroad I wasn't expecting Olympia to be anything near as good but for a former council facility this is a really good effort and lots of fun.

We can't wait to go back for our next visit especially our daughter who raved about it! Not sure swimming in Aberdeen will ever be as good as the Olympia!

Visited November 2013

• Polish first
dundee
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Daughter had a great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I read all the reviews before going and to be honest didn't know what to expect. Although I was not in the water I was watching and from what I could see I thought it was great. My daughter had a brilliant time. Could not fault the staff the ones I spoke to were very friendly and helpful. Would def go back

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“" good afternoon out"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My teenage daughters really enjoyed it. they thought that the flumes were really good and the queue moved quite quickly. it was a wet and windy saturday afternoon in the october holidays and we expected it to be really really busy but there was no wait to get in and the changing village wa very clean and there were plenty of lockers and cubicles alike to get changed in. After reading some of the reviews we werent really expecting much but we really enjoyed it. the only thing that i would say it is a little bit smaller than the old one but i dont think that makes a massive difference becausethe flumes are a lot better and there is more to do in the pool. the baby pool also looked very good.

aberdeen scotland
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Pretty good new pool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We really enjoyed our visit to the new pool. Our son thought the flumes were ace.
Place is a bit compact but has all you need, with rapids and waves. Baby pool looked good too.
Staff were friendly and helpful.
Plenty decent sized lockers.
Definitely worth a visit when in Dundee with kids.

Cupar, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“"Amazing flumes"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Although there is not much swim space the new olympia was a huge hit for me and my family. The changing village is very spacious and has lots of lockers.

The flumes
There are four flumes at the swimming pool some are scarier than others four is least scary one is most scary
4. The green flume- basically the green flume has a tiny hill and a few twists and turns. The really cool thing about the flumes is that they all have bright rings or lights the green has rainbow rings around it.
3 the red flume. This one is a bit more scary It goes faster and is pitch black. There are stars in the back ground and you can choose a theme to go down.
2.the blue flume. Is very scary goes really fast. It drops. Down pretty steep and it times you . You see your time at the end. The record is ten seconds.
1 cannonball. I wouldn't recommend this flume to any youngsters . It doesn't actually finish you just fly out the end but is very fun and has obviously been safety tested

1 Thank Holly B