“Lovely meal in a lovely bar”
Review of Papa Jacques

Papa Jacques
Ranked #98 of 376 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: Pub, Bar, European, British, Contemporary, Scottish
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Papa Jacques is located in Broughty Ferry, the seaside area of Dundee. Offering a modern feel and contemporary dining and drinking, Papa Jacques is popular amongst locals and tourists for lunch, dinner, drinks and TV sports.
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal in a lovely bar”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch with my sister. We ordered sharing platter for a starter which could have been a meal itself. Tastey, wholesome well presented food. Staff were friendly, bar was clean and all round buzzing atmosphere. Perfect central Broughty ferry location whether looking for a meal or just a few drinks!

• Visited September 2013

Dundee
“Don't bother”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Popped in tonight at t time whilst waiting on our carry out Chinese meal. The surly barmaid ignored us for some time whilst she got together a round of drinks. I asked if anyone else was serving and was basically ignored. She spoke to a male member of staff who just walked away! Pubs in Broughty Ferry need to realise that the customer is not an interruption to their day, they are ESSENTIAL to their day. Will not return. Bring on the revolution (weatherspoons)

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Benny25
“Great value”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I nipped in for a quick lunch but ended having 3 courses. I had the chorizo and jalepeno panini that came with soup ( pea and mint) for £5.95. Then couldn't resist trying the Forrero Rocher cheesecake, it was delish!

Visited September 2013
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Bored barman, friendly waitress and nice lunch”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

A friend of ours recommended we try Papa Jacks for lunch, I think it was around my partner's birthday in March, and I recall we were disappointed by the welcome (it was almost a roll-your-eyes moment from the chap behind the bar when we walked in). We had been in the past and had good service but we did think about going elsewhere. After a quick discussion a waitress approached us and made us feel a tad better, we had lovely and well-presented food and have since recommended it to fellow Ferry visitors. The waitress seemed to be quite efficient and the kitchen staff, who you can see through a hatch, were well presented and the food arrived quickly. I think we had home made burgers and a beer actually. We are always wary of seeing into a kitchen, and always end up gossiping about what might go on behind the scenes! All was good in the end and catching up on my reviews has reminded me of our good experience and hopefully we'll visit again soon.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Joanne S
Dundee
“Didn't Deliver!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Mrs B and I visited the other day whilst we were on holiday. I ordered the chilli burger which was overdone/burnt, Mrs B had the chicken in pepper sauce which to be honest was like soup! Not that great and given it's prime location in the centre of Broughty Ferry, should be doing better. Staff not that friendly either. In a word, Sloppy.

• Visited August 2013