“D'Arcy Thompson Dundee” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The D'Arcy Thompson

The D'Arcy Thompson
Ranked #34 of 371 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: European, British, Soups, Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“D'Arcy Thompson Dundee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I were looking for somewhere nice to have an early evening meal.
Consulted Tripadvisor,
Arrived without a reservation soon after 6pm.
Bright and lively atmosphere.
Friendly and efficient waitress.
Menu not extensive but varied selection.
We had tomato and lentil soup and goat's cheese and aubergine pave to start, followed by vegetable lasagne and a pepper & courgette risotto.
Everything was fresh and full of flavour.
Our bill with a beer and a soft drink came to £30.

Visited September 2013

Dundee, United Kingdom
“Excellent value in beautiful setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

My daughter and I are just back from a delicious lunch at this beautifully decorated restaurant. 2 course lunch menu for £9 - fantastic value. I had mushroom soup, and my daughter had pate to start with and we both had haddock and chips for our main. All was excellent quality and portion sizes were great. Staff were attentive and (according to my daughter) very pleasing on the eye! Will definitely recommend and return.

• Visited September 2013
Dundee
“Lovely birthday meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Had a fantastic lunch for my birthday today, chicken liver pate was yummy followed by fish and chips which had a very crunchy melt in the mouth batter. As a treat I had a glass of Sauvignon Blanc which was really good and served in a cute carafe! My hubby had the curried cauliflower soup and he really enjoyed it. He ordered a black coffee to come with the meal but it was forgotten and when the waitress realised she gave him the coffee with no charge which was very kind. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and I am looking forward to going back very soon!

• Visited September 2013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Delicious fish curry and warm atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We visited this afternoon and had a lovely three course lunch with wine. The fish curry was delicious and packed full of fresh herbs, it reminded me of the dry fish curries I had enjoyed in Sri Lanka, and my starter and dessert were fab too. Efficient and friendly waitresses too. Already planning to go back!!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Angela G
“Classy with a great nod to one of the academics of Dundee!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Picked up the idea from Tripadvisor for a dinner with a new acquaintance/colleague during a business trip to Dundee. The place looks quality from the outside and once in we were accommodated amongst the fascinating scientific artefacts adorning each corner of the restaurant! Service was attentive and the food and wine lovely and the bill wasn't unreasonable either! I thought the serving of both water and bread was unassuming and very welcome and our main course from the specials menu was lovely! The only criticism I could make is that once the sweet had been served we didnt quite get the attentive service we had enjoyed and so it felt a little like we'd been dropped for others who were still spending; this may have been a shift change though and the lovely softly spoken Scottish waitress soon put us back on track with a swifty, accurate and flexible bill!! Would definitely come back, although I suspect that in Dundee this is not the only gem!

• Visited August 2013