“disappointing food/customer care”

Grosvenor Casino Dundee
Ranked #45 of 96 things to do in Dundee
More attraction details
Owner description: Grosvenor Casino Dundee is a vibrant and diverse leisure destination which boasts an a la carte restaurant, late night bar and sports lounge, The casino also offers an extensive gaming experience, with numerous Roulette (including electronic terminals), Blackjack & Poker tables, plus popular Slot machines to ensure all your gaming needs are met for all level of player. Find us in the heart of the city where we are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We have free car parking for our customers on Brown Street and we'll be happy to validate your car parking ticket.
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have had lovely meals in in the past at Grosvenor restaurant and would have recommended it BUT not any more. READ ON:
We went to casino for a meal with friends on Sat night 22 Feb 2014.
Crispy chicken was not crispy and raw, we returned it. Manger said she has never seen the chicken crispy !
Steak was cold, was returned. Chef trimmed it and heated it up and gave it back to my friend
Sweet should have had ice cream with it but we had to ask for it.
Husbands wine glass had lipstick on it.
On a positive note wine tasted nice and cheeseboards were made for 2 of my friends despite not being on the menu. But would not recommend this restaurant to people I like
Manager said it would have better for us if she saw the food before we returned it and apologised but failed to realise that 4 of us had a ruined evening and paid £105 for a horrid meal. More customer care training required for all staff please

3  Thank Lizzie M
There are newer reviews for Grosvenor Casino Dundee

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I do like to come to the casino given it's a late night for most the bar staff are not friendly on most occasion I have visited the last while... I feel staff should be made aware of customer satisfaction... Eg to be friendly not moody,politer in instance after all the customer does pay the wages if entry to the casino and use of facilities which are poor over all. And the door staff can be rude & arrogant it pays to be nice treat someone as you would like treated.

2  Thank Liz B
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Rude and disrespectful bouncer. I am from New York studying here in Dundee and I have never come across someone this rude since I've been here. The bouncer looked at me asked me for my ID and then proceeded to look back up at me, back down and reply "I think you've had too much to drink." I hadn't even had a drink yet!! Discriminatory and rude!

2  Thank JOHN S
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We went for a meal with friends and for a few drinks. I wish we hadn't! The food was mediocre to say the least. My friend's meal was burnt and was sent back . Our food was poor and when we complained the chef came out and his manner was hostile and aggressive to say the least! We then heard him shouting expletives about us from the kitchen! We asked for the manager who said he would speak to him but not much of a genuine apology was given. This place is guaranteed custom due to the 24hr license so they obviously don't care about giving good customer service. Honestly, avoid eating there -the food is awful and the chef was a disgrace!

3  Thank Nexthol
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Dundee's one and now only casino however, it has greatly gone downhill since the grand opening! Having been a member for years, the most recent visit greatly upset me and I am considering not going back due to it!

On arrival, bouncers asked to see our identification which we happily showed only to be questioned about its authenticity! I had to show my provisional, both my college and university identity card, my bank card...basically everything I had with my name on it! After convincing them we finally got inside only for the staff on the desk to not acknowledge us at all, it took us another five minutes to get in the establishment! We also noticed a group of apparently drunk men playing with the lift which we thought was a bit annoying considering people were waiting to genuinely use it!

However, we were glad to get to the actual casino and decided to have a nice little meal since we had had a busy night celebrating. I asked for a plain burger and chips however, I got a burger covered in sauce so I informed the member of staff who I felt was rude as she seemed to look down on me for asking her to get my actual order. Two minutes later, she came back with the same burger which just seemed to have been scraped of the sauce! Grudgingly I ate it however, I did not enjoy it and felt really upset that this establishment I used to love visiting would be so rude; what if I was allergic to the sauce and didn't notice they had just scraped it?

Deciding to treat myself, I decided to have a hot chocolate as G Casino DOES DO the BEST HOT CHOCOLATE! It was lovely until a friend got kicked out for "being too drunk" which was a great shock considering they had only had one alcoholic drink! I asked the man throwing him out what was happening as this was my friend and they flung me out too without explaining what had happened. According to my friend, there had been a bit of an argument in the toilets with another male customer but I can't say for sure since I hadn't been there! I was just upset the member of staff couldn't have simply explained to us why this had happened.

Overall, I was greatly upset by my visit and just can't believe an establishment I used to love so much could treat customers so poorly! Perhaps it was just a bad night however, regardless of the reason I can't give the casino anything but a poor review. If you do go to the casino, I do hope your visit is far better than the experience I have recently received!

3  Thank Jfizzable