“Fun for the kids”
Review of The Fun Factory

The Fun Factory
Ranked #10 of 18 Fun & Games in Dundee
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to The Fun Factory. Dundee's newest custom built Soft Play Family Entertainment Centre. An exciting new Social Enterprise from the team who brought you the UK's first custom built indoor extreme sports leisure centre; The Factory Skatepark. The centre has an over 5's area, under 5's area and our new baby area. We also have a cafe and cater for groups and party's. During term time we run our meal deal where the kids can play and eat for £5, from 11-1pm and 3-5pm. We also have Laser Tag for private party's. We are open 10-6pm every day of the year apart from Christmas Day & New Years Day.
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Fun for the kids”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I took my 2 year old on a weekday which was £3.50 and included bear aerobics in the price. Thought this was really good value for money and there were different activities throughout the day all included. Play and food areas were all clean. Food good value and plenty of healthy options for the kids too. Will definitely be back. My son had a great time.

Dundee, United Kingdom
“Superb Place”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Very nice place lots of toys and fun, the food is amazing and match the price. Staff is friendly and helpful, is the best place so far in Dundee to spend nice day with the kids. Well done to all staff.

Dundee
“OK, Better than pirate island, not as good as jumping joeys”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The food and drinks (proper coffee, tasty traybakes etc) are well better then the options at the other soft play areas but i agree there are too many tables and children had to squeeze through to get too and from play area.

my children ran about wild and had an excellent time and the staff and atmosphere were excellent on my visit. Far better than the half hearted and rude staff at pirate island.

Overall, bright and friendly, lots of fun and nice food!

Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not as good as Jumping Joeys!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was excited to hear a new soft play centre had opened in Dundee. Having a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old I spend a lot of time in these places! Unfortunately our experience wasn't great. Firstly, as a stay at home mum I feel quite annoyed that childminders get £1 discount per child they take but as I'm merely a full time mother looking after my own children I do not! Why???£3.50 seems fairly steep when the toddler section was small and not well suited to younger toddlers, just walking. My 3 yr old quite enjoyed the big play equipment (over 5s) but it was quite hard as a parent looking after 2 children of different ages to see where she was and keep an eye on both. Whoever designs these places need to do more research and ask mothers/fathers what would help eg making sure a parent can keep track of an older child while in the baby/toddler area. I did like the toilets, 2 small, child size toilets and sinks. One positive! The general layout of the centre could be ok but they've squeezed in too many tables and chairs (no doubt, hoping to sell lots of food and drinks) which makes it a bit cluttered and, as I realised today, quite dangerous for small children. The tables and chairs don't seem to be very child friendly. My 1 year old tripped over a chair leg and cut her eye on the corner of a table. The staff response to this incident was shocking. No fsign of a first aider, no incident book and not much concern for my poor wee baby with blood streaming from her eye. As a mother, I was in a panic but thankfully a friend was with us and dealt calmly with the situation, dashing to get an ice pack. None of he staff came to ask if she was ok or if they could help. I'm glad I hadn't taken the kids by myself. With several other play centres in our area this place will need to make some changes if they want customers to return. My family will be happy to go a bit further and play at Jumping Joeys in Arbroath or Pirate Island. Not a happy mummy!!!

4 Thank Allison W