“superb restaurant and service”

Cafe Byzantium Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 11 Dessert in Dundee
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dundee, United Kingdom
“superb restaurant and service”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

been here several times, whether coffee and cake, lunch or dinner, have always found this restaurant to be a joy to visit. family run with warm, friendly service with an obvious pride and passion in the food they are serving. Good selection on the menu, food freshly prepared and reasonably priced and always excellently presented. whether eating on the patio in the summer or in the restaurant in the winter service is always faultless. if in the park for a walk, a carryout coffee etc or a cool ice cream is also on the menu. definitely recommend and will certainly be back

• Visited December 2012

Dundee, United Kingdom
“Good food & atmosphere but terrible service and bad staff attitude”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I went for a meal at Cafe Byzantium with my husband after buying a voucher on 'itison.' The restaurant is in a country park and the scenery is lovely. The restaurant itself is lovely inside too. We were shown to our table promptly and asked if we would like a drink. When I asked for water I was met with an un-necessary comment and a look of disdain when I clarified I wanted tap water. The waitress then continued to look down her nose at us when she went to get the water from the bar. We had being considering ordering wine as well but after this negative attitude decided not to.

We received our meal quite quickly and the food was very good although the portion sizes were quite small. It seemed as if the main was sized so as to be eaten as part of a 2 or 3 course meal.
The service was good at this point although notably the waitress was less attentive than she was to other customers (we assumed because we had a voucher and had asked for tap water).

When we went to pay the surcharges there was a further issue. We were returned the incorrect change and were told that the surcharge prices had been printed incorrectly on the voucher. We would have appreciated being told when we ordered or even when the bill arrived but not after we had handed over the money.

Overall, we felt the service was not as good as the service provided to other customers around us who were paying full price and that this was a little frustrating and put us off returning and paying full price next time.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank sarahlouisesarahlou
Carnoustie, Scotland
“Wonderful restaurant”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Beautiful little restaurant and spotless, food to die for and excellent service, could not fault it in any way ( only down side is it's only open Fri/Sat/Sun) and will be back again and again. Book in advance as it is very busy. Loved it.

• Visited October 2012
scotland
“Best food I have eaten in years!!!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I visited this restaurant in Monikie Park with my mum who had got an itison voucher.

We were very pleasantly surprised - what a lovely day we had and the food was divine!

I would say it is the best food I have tasted in years!!

We both had the king prawn byzantium special which was lovely both in taste and presentation - faltless!! 10/10

The setting is very tranquil and the ambience peaceful and the decor, modern, relaxing, and romantic.

Would I go again - absolutely

Can't wait til my next visit.

Well done. Cafe Byzantium.

My only remark is if you are going to tip to take cash as I had none on me and paid and gave a tip with my card but the staff do not get the tip if it goes on to the card. Maybe the owner should address this as it seems unfair, your staff did a fantastic job. !!!

• Visited August 2012