“A nice lunch, but nothing special”
Review of Antalia Restaurant

Antalia Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 400 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had a nice lunch at Antalia, it was a good deal with nice food but the service was average and the whole experience was nothing to rave about!

1  Thank Naomi R

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Me and my friend decided to go here for a birthday meal out. We were grudgingly greeted by a very rude waitress who only seemed capable of shrugging her shoulders when asked a question. She then left us alone to look at the menus and after 25 minutes had still not come to take our order (Keeping in mind this is a tiny restaurant which only had one other table at the time) and proceeded to wipe clean tables and pretend she had other thing to do. After trying multiple times to get her attention we got up and left. I felt this restaurant could have been ok, had it hired better staff.

4  Thank Sabionorica
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Went here on a Friday after work with the other half...after my shock of it not serving alcohol (I should've checked)...we ordered food with a 7 Up! Food was excellent, lack of wine did not deter from an enjoyable meal at all. Service was absolutely perfect, and the waiting staff were very attentive. Second time was a Sunday evening...after a wee mix up with the meal...all sorted...and again just beautiful food! Menu is limited, but a mix of pizza, curry and Turkish food...very reasonable in price. Am going again in two weeks for a Christmas meal with work chums....looking forward to it. Only thing I would suggest is some background music, traditional style...it was quite quiet on the Sunday that we went..just thought maybe it could add to the atmosphere!

2  Thank DeezyB
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

We have been to Antalia several times, including the lunch and dinner menus. We noticed that service is very poor in the lunch period and slightly better at dinner. We went last week for dinner again, and were extremely disappointed. The good news is they have replaced the worst of the waiting staff so service is marginally better. The bad news:
- very long wait for food while restaurant was quiet!
- mix up of orders again (extra dish of hummus, lack of all breads ordered to accompany main meals)
- freezing cold - both doors open inwards (which must be against fire safety rules?) and bring in blasts of cold air then dont shut completely! No one in the restaurant is immune to this unfortunately!
- spent over 2 hrs in a restaurant freezing and couldnt wait to leave.

At least the food is palatable...

I don't think we will be going again until these issues are sorted - especially the heating issue!

1  Thank Hanee86
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have had lunch here on several occasions , the last being a fortieth birthday luncheon . My friends came here on my recommendation and were not disappointed . The food was excellent , enhanced by the usual lively atmosphere . The waitresses are always charming and very attentive and Yusuf , the chef , is both helpful and professional . The menu is extensive with a mediterranean theme and caters for most tastes . My son loves the pizza and is asking to return , as they also have a Child menu . A super restaurant in every respect .

2  Thank diva62