“Doesn't petend to be what it isn't!”

Medina Bar and Grill
Ranked #126 of 382 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in Dundee's 'Cultural Quarter', Medina Bar & Grill is near the Dundee Repertory Theatre, Dundee Contemporary Arts Centre, and right between the campus of Dundee University and the Overgate Shopping Centre in the heart of the city. Medina offers contemporary surroundings with a relaxed atmosphere for casual lunch, dinner and drinks.
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Doesn't petend to be what it isn't!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

A spur-decision to eat out, and in we walked at 6.30pm.

The staff were bright, good, efficient. The chilli cheese burger could have been 'chillier' but the coleslaw was good as an extra.

Real tea, too. With an inbuilt leaf strainer! Excellent. I think we were about £17 for two mains and drinks. I think that's pretty ok!

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Superharrio

“Lovely food”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Food was lovely. Portions sizes were great for the price. Got a good selection of food on the menu; something there for everyone

Visited January 2013
“Absolutely awful”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Honestly, the food here was grim! Service is friendly and it's a nice building but the food...?! I had chicken stirfry as part of a starter and main deal for £7.95. Fair enough, that's cheap, but it's NOT cheap if it tastes like doom! The pieces of chicken were rubbery and clearly microwaved to within an inch of themselves. The sauce was gloopy and stringy. My partner's lasagne wasn't any better and he forced it down without a smile. The only half decent thing here was the Greek Starter - a few olives and some feta. Can't go wrong with that. Anyway, go here if you want a drink or somewhere to chill out but I do not recommend eating here!!!!!!!!!

• Visited December 2012
Scotland
“5 stars”
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Being a chef and manager I am very critical when it comes to good food and customer service.
I meet up with old friends every month and we always end up going to Medina's
We try other places but always regret not going to our usual.
The food is always very fresh, tasty and very well presented and to top it all the staff are so polite and friendly.
We are always made to feel very welcome.
Service is very good and you don't have to wait forever for your food.
I make a very good macaroni cheese and have never found one close to mine until I tried Madina's....creamy & cheesy.
I would highly recommend this place for a quick snack or meal.

1 Thank Aligav69
“Absolutely average”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Good for a walk in last minute meal on a weeknight, which was when we went. The decor is nice enough, separated from the bar which is good. Staff were very helpful. The food was fine. The prices were pretty fair. Overall, I'd not rush back but neither would I decline to eat there again. It was good enough, but nothing special.

• Visited October 2012