All reviews elemis toiletries rubber duck excellent hotel corner room separate shower lovely break quality hotel no air conditioning great facilities swimming pool excellent stay discovery point lovely room steam room short break bed was very comfortable good size
Reviewed November 15, 2018

Brilliant location in that you can walk to all the dockside attractions including the V&A. Restaurants also nearby-check out the Gidi Grill just across the road.
Very well appointed spacious room with top class fittings especially the bathroom. The price compared to anywhere South of the border for equivalent accommodation is outstanding value.

Room tip: east side i.e. toward the dock is probably quietest.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2018

A 2 day business trip was spoiled by poor service at breakfast and the cleaning team. Breakfast on the 1st morning was chaotic with not enough staff / organisation to cope. I ordered a cup of tea 3 times before 1 eventually arrived, had to search for a waitress to take my breakfast order.MY room was not cleaned or my bed made as I have left my small luggage case on the unslept side of the bed and they were unwilling to move this.Despite this the staff were very welcoming and friendly and the spa facility was excellent albeit very busy. I would recommend this hotel but they do need to resolve a few issues before you could consider this a great place to stay

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed November 14, 2018

We booked two nights at the Apex for a visit to Dundee, primarily for a visit to the new V&A. In summary:
1. The hotel is very well located both for the city and the V&A - a level 5-10 minute walk to the latter and a similar level walk from the railway station;
2. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable - we could find nothing missing during our stay, with good tea and coffee in the room, an ironing board, hairdryer and good quality shampoo etc;
3. All the staff are exceptionally helpful - reception, dining, spa, room servicing, everyone is warm, friendly and efficient;
4. Breakfast is really good, and decent value;
5. The pool is a nice extra;
6. There are restaurants located easily within walking distance.
In short, we were most impressed with the Apex and would recommend it without hesitation if you are visiting the city.

Reviewed November 13, 2018

The staff at the Apex hotel were all friendly and made us feel special. Everything was working and clean in the Spa. The bedroom had everything we needed and the wifi speed was very good. It was an easy walk from the hotel to the V&A.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lyndsey G, Front Office Manager at Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2018

Dear Vacation65113205919

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent sty with us at Apex City Quay Hotel and Spa.

I am delighted to read that our friendly team made such a positive impact o your stay, customer service is our business and reading your feedback is very rewarding.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to the city and if I can be of any assistance in arranging this for you then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Lyndsey Gibson
Front Office Manager
Lyndsey.gibson@apexhotels.co.uk

Reviewed November 13, 2018 via mobile

Love this hotel and always ask to stay here when in Dundee. I’ve stayed here 5 times this year for a week at a time.

The staff are amazing and can’t do enough to help you, the rooms are brilliant cosy, great size and comfortable.

The breakfast is fantastic loads of range and you are always met with a warm friendly welcome. Can say exactly the same about dinner also.

Great bonus is the pool and fitness centre.

Book early as it’s always busy and rightly so.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear nfzuk

Thank you for your loyalty to Apex City Quay, I am delighted that you have chosen to stay with us so many times and that our friendly team make such a positive impact on your stay with us.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon and if I can assist in arranging this for you then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards