Myself and my partner stayed here for our 6 year anniversary.
Location was excellent, we taxied from the train station to the hotel, but really you could walk if you research the route before hand. Taxi was only a couple of quid. We visited the Meat House in town on the first night - amazing!, which was another taxi then on Saturday we took a walk into town. 10 minute taxi ride to Broughty Ferry which is worth a visit for the Tapas Bar there.
Right, on to the hotel itself! As I'd read on here, outside wasn't much to look at but inside was very luxurious. Room was of a good size and all looked newly refurbished. My only annoyance was although we'd had a view over the water and lovely floor to ceiling windows, for the whole of our stay there was massive bits of bird poop! Understandably, this cannot always be helped but I would imagine this would be a problem most of the year and so perhaps in the Summer they could get the windows washed every second day as and when needed as it was not very pleasant.
Bar was nice, as was gym and spa area. Only disappointment was that both jacuzzis were broken whilst we were there and I was very much looking forward to relaxing in one! Pool was a lot smaller than it looked in the photos and so therefore filled up very quickly. Also encountered two men who were intent on shouting across both the gym and the pool area to each other. They seemed to know the staff so I'm guessing they're regulars but it did take away from the relaxing atmosphere.
Anyway, these were only little points I thought I would mention. My only real annoyance was the time it took for the rooms to be made up. Our floor didn't seem to have many rooms yet we had around 3 members of staff and their trolleys, working on the floor from 8am - 5pm. We put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door overnight which we then removed before going down for breakfast. We spent a good hour at breakfast, and returned to the room in the same state as we had left it. We then went for a saunter round the town, only to return at about 3pm and the room still be the same. This made it very hard to do anything, I didn't want to get changed in case they came in, didn't want to get comfy on the bed etc, it was very hard to relax. Finally, on returning to the room after the spa, at around 6pm, the bed had been made!
Breakfast was good although slightly expensive, might be getting taking a walk into town and get the same thing for about £13 cheaper! Also - no square sausage!!
However, overall, it was a great stay, nice clean hotel, comfy bed and friendly staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Dundee. Also, you can have room service right through the night, which is excellent for an after dancing munch!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary four-star hotel is conveniently located in the stunning quayside area of Dundee’s waterfront, just a five-minute walk from the vibrant city centre. If you’re arriving through Dundee airport, you’ll be just a short five-minute drive to the hotel. Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa features all the essentials you’ll need for a convenient and relaxing stay including complimentary parking and high-speed Wi-Fi. Beyond the essentials, it’s the extra touches that will make your stay memorable. Each contemporary bedroom features floor-to-ceiling windows, a 42” LCD TV and en-suite bathroom with complimentary Elemis toiletries. The luxury continues at our award-winning Yu Spa. Guests get free use of the Technogym, swimming pool, and sauna, steam room and Japanese-style hot tubs. Elemis spa treatments are also available to book for an extra charge. Taste and sample locally sourced ingredients in the dishes at the hotel restaurant, Metro Bar and Brasserie. If you have extra time to relax you can sip on refreshing cocktails whilst enjoying the great views of Dundee’s waterfront from the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex City Quay Hotel Dundee
- Apex City Quay Hotel And Spa
- Apex City Quay Dundee
- Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa Dundee, Scotland