“A pleasure to stay at Dundee Apex”

Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stay in this hotel once a week on business and its like my second home. Staff are very attentive, and I haven't been disappointed with the service I receive or the cleanliness of the rooms - and I've been staying here overnight for the last 4-5 months. I was even upgraded to a suite recently which was fantastic. This really is a hotel to unwind. The spa is relatively small, but fine if it's not too busy.

I took my family there last week for a short break and had a fantastic dinner and breakfast the next day. Menu selection could be a little more elaborate as I've worked my way through it but I can't fault the quality or presentation.

The Apex staff are a credit to the hotel. Friendly and genuinely interested in their work - it puts guests at ease.

If you haven't stayed here before - I can only recommend you go.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the quayside.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
CQGeneralManager, General Manager at Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Dear Richard M

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on the Apex Hotel Dundee. We are always especially pleased to welcome repeat guests and that we were able to exceed your expectations once again. We were delighted to here that you brought your family to stay on a recent visit.

We pride ourselves on the care and service that we deliver and our team is really proud to serve our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to your 2nd home.

There are newer reviews for Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have stayed here often on business and it's one of the few hotels I'd also stay in for pleasure. Lovely rooms, great restaurant and a nice atmosphere; nothing is too much trouble and I always enjoy staying here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear v0dkalady

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. It was a great pleasure to have you stay with us and equally to here that you would stay with us on leisure.

I am delighted you enjoyed your Apex experience and thank you for sharing your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit.

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Booked a junior suite, great decision as the room was brilliant,clean and tidy,had all the mod -cons and had a great view
On arrival the reception staff were as helpful as iv ever known-the guy took time to explain the area after a detailed brief of the hotel and facilities.
Everything about the hotel oozes class from the gym area to the toiletries in the room. (And a free duck aswell)
Gym and pool are luxurious aswell. Stayed in alot of nice hotels and this one for the leisure facilities alone stands out a mile
Breakast was as nice as can be expected - didn't use the resteraunt for food although the menu looked really good

Great central location as 5 minutes walk and your in the town centre,some great vies of the river also

All in all i will definitely use this hotel again and it was money well spent if you ask me

And thanks again to the friendly staff :-)

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Graeme W

Thank you for giving us such great feedback on your Tripadvisor review following your recent stay at our property. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to let us know about it. I have shared all your kind comments with the various departments you mentioned and we are all very appreciative.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Apex Hotel on your next trip to Dundee.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Had a great spa and shopping weekend here with friends. We had a superior twin with river view and the bedroom was very spacious and clean. Ideal for shopping as only a couple of minutes walk to the city centre, and saves parking. Best bit was the double spa treatments. Had a french lady who was excellent. Hot stone massage and a facial were both absolutely superb. Quality of food is not on same par, but plenty good restaurants nearby. Overall, had a great weekend and would definitiely recommend and return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear jthom123

Further to your review on Tripadvisor, I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you also for highlighting Essya who took care of your treatments. I was sorry to hear that you found the food not to be on par with the rest of your stay, if you would like to contact me at stuart.grant@apexhotels.co.uk where you can maybe elaborate a little more.

Looking forward to welcoming you and your friends back for another Ladies weekend.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed for two nights in an executive room from 8-10th Feb, as a couple. Parking and check in very easy, free wi-fi worked well, generally no complaints with room. A few small issues with room wear and tear but not worth mentioning as the hotel was good and service efficient. Close to town centre and easy to access shops, bars, restaurants etc.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
CQGeneralManager, General Manager at Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear GillianBParis,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

We do value the feedback that we receive from our guests and over-all we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The hotel is well located for exploring Dundee and you will find that we are continuously investing in I.T. to ensure that our guests stay connected. If you can drop me an e-mail and let me know which room you stayed in and I will have a look at the issues for you.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Dundee.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I attended a conference at this hotel and was really pleased with my stay. I have attended other hotels for conferences and the level of attention to us at this hotel surpassed many I have experienced.
Unlike a previous review I thought the reception staff welcomed me and explained the services in the hotel. I had a large room with king size bed and it was spotlessly clean.

It is sometimes difficult with meals during conferences as the food is cooked and served on mass but the meals we had were good. A good selection at lunch on both days maybe a very wee point I would have liked some meats for a salad but that's just me. Dinner at night was excellent and the waiting staff were very polite and professional.

I was only there for one breakfast but could not fault this either. The waiter Tjeerd could not have been more helpful as he got a table of women that wanted different things and made differently from what was on offer. Without a blink he took the order without any complaint. Well done that is what service is about.
This is not my first visit here but the first I have stayed would recommend this hotel

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
CQGeneralManager, General Manager at Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear pickyAberdeen,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at The Apex Dundee, and may I say how much we appreciate your positive comments.

I was delighted to read that the level of attention shown by our team surpassed many that you have experienced elsewhere. I was pleased to read that our front office team looked after you and that our guest rooms offered you the perfect refuge to relax after a long day.

Your appreciation of our staff, the service and attention to detail will be shared with our team especially Tjeerd, as they are always delighted to learn of our guests' experiences.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Apex Dundee in the future

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Large clean rooms, good breakfast spread, although parking was a nightmare due to conference being held.
Modern hotel, good views from room across day and good central location within walking distance to City centre.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
CQGeneralManager, General Manager at Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear Alan I

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, following your recent stay.

We value the feedback that we receive from our guests and we are so pleased that your visit met your expectations from the accommodation and meals at the hotel to our location. I was sorry to hear that you experienced some difficulty with parking. We do have car parking for 140 cars and on the rare occasion spaces can be limited.

Thank you again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dundee.