My family and I stayed overnight on a Saturday in September 2012, we had just attended the RAF Leuchars airshow and decided that we would stay in Dundee overnight as a birthday treat for my wife and a wee adventure for my son aged 11.
We arrived at the Apex City Quay Hotel around 5pm and were greeted with very friendly and courteous staff on the desk, when asked why we were staying, I said that it was my wifes birthday and we were promptly given a voucher for free drinks at the bar, very welcoming that was.
We found the hotel to be very clean and well presented, extremely friendly and helpful staff and a lovely room.
Our family room overlooked part of the old docks and berthed in the docks is the old 19th century Royal Navy frigate Unicorn and the old Light ship from days gone by. We had a great view over the docks and the river beyond.
Only a couple of minutes walk from the city centre we ventured out and had a meal at the nearby Mexican restaurant "Rancho Pancho" - great meal, would highly recommend this place.
Having got a great nights sleep despite the hotel being very busy hosting a wedding the night before, we ventured down for breakfast, again we were greeted by very friendly and happy staff who ensured that our breakfast experience was great. Breakfast was in teh form of a huge buffet style offering with everything you could wish for, cereals, toast, croissants, muffins, cooked bacon, sausage, etc etc etc etc. It really was good and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Then we went for a stroll along the quayside and visited the old frigate Unicorn, this turned out to be a real interesting ship and is well worth a visit.
We then headed back to the hotel and picked up the car (we had already checked out).
We would definetly stay here again and would recommend highly.
The staff made the place, very friendly, welcoming and helpful.
Well done to the Apex City Quay Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary four-star hotel is conveniently located in the stunning quayside area of Dundee’s waterfront, just a five-minute walk from the vibrant city centre. If you’re arriving through Dundee airport, you’ll be just a short five-minute drive to the hotel. Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa features all the essentials you’ll need for a convenient and relaxing stay including complimentary parking and high-speed Wi-Fi. Beyond the essentials, it’s the extra touches that will make your stay memorable. Each contemporary bedroom features floor-to-ceiling windows, a 42” LCD TV and en-suite bathroom with complimentary Elemis toiletries. The luxury continues at our award-winning Yu Spa. Guests get free use of the Technogym, swimming pool, and sauna, steam room and Japanese-style hot tubs. Elemis spa treatments are also available to book for an extra charge. Taste and sample locally sourced ingredients in the dishes at the hotel restaurant, Metro Bar and Brasserie. If you have extra time to relax you can sip on refreshing cocktails whilst enjoying the great views of Dundee’s waterfront from the bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex City Quay Hotel Dundee
- Apex City Quay Hotel And Spa
- Apex City Quay Dundee
- Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa Dundee, Scotland