“Nice fresh food - good value”
Review of Halal Indian and Pizza Buffet - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is the place to go if you want fresh Indian food for starters and main plus all the usual nan bread and pompadoms. Pizzas also available and they look very good as well although I've never actually tried them. Price is inclusive of soft drinks or coffee/tea. Coffee from the machine is not the best but adequate. Place to go if you want a good value Indian meal in the city centre.

1  Thank Alan151

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I personally enjoyed the food but the reason behind my raiting is the choice of music being played was terrible. It's not helped by it being played too loud which ruined the atmosphere for my friends and I. Would it be too hard to play nonintrusive background music?

2  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed December 5, 2012

A couple of friends and I were looking for somewhere to have dinner after a trip to the cinema. We decided to give this place a try after being handed a flyer on the street and liking the sound of the food.
There were no tables when we arrived, but we were told one would be available in 20 minutes so we went for a quick walk, came back and were shown to our table after paying up front - about ten pounds for all-you-can-eat-and-drink.
The restaurant was busy but not too noisy, the food was delicious and this is the clincher - PLENTY CHOICE for vegetarians. As someone who is constantly frustrated by restaurants which offer a vegetarian "option", it's always a great feeling to be able to choose from several options.
The place is modern, the service is absolutely faultless and the price is fantastic. We had a great time in this restaurant and I'd definitely come back again!

1  Thank MRJ55
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Currently writing this review sitting in the restaurant ;)

I've got to say this is a really lovely place, the food is delicious and the value is amazing! This is my first visit as we were walking by and popped in for dinner.

My only critism would be that the music is too loud, as I'm sat under a speaker. Also there isn't a massive amount of difference in the main course curries, mainly chicken. The waitress isn't massively friendly but it's very very busy and I'm sure she is stressed. The lady at the front desk is lovely!

Will Definately be returning again soon

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have been here a number of times and having been brought up on Glasgow curry I feel well placed to comment. I have found the front of staff cery good indeed and another good sign is that you will see staff partaking of the food at their breaktimes. The manager I have spoken to a number of times including a long conversation with our Australian visitors where he discussed the development of the Halal theme at length with us. Family dining has been central to the development and the no alcohol does not diminish business and is known to people before they dine. The place dose not pretent to be fine dining but rather is family and good value dining with a focus on good food. I have eaten cury all over the world and find what is on offer here very good. You can sample a number of dishes and then have more of whatever you like. Pizza - freshly cooked / made- means a mixed group of curry lovers can bring non curry fans with them. Note nans are produced from scratch in a tandoor oven in front of you. Further to this the open kitchen contributes to confidence - look at some other buffetts where you do not see the food being prepared. On my last visit - which was late on during service - on leaving a was able to witness the start of the cleaning routine in the kitchen - all the kitchrn equipment is movable and every inch of the kitchen floor, surfaces,cookers walls - everything is fully cleaned....Drinks good choice and at least good quality but I go for the food. Sweets / ice cream again at least good - I have some but after my curry. There is also a salad bar to choose from. This place is busy. It is great to see the olption of quality curies to compete with some of the chineese - rubbish for the most in my view- burgers, fish and chips etc. I will be there again and again and wish this business all the best for the future.