“First class food”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Walked past this restaurant/cafe while heading to my holtel when in Dundee on business, and chose to head there to see if they could do take away. They did, and the food and service was excellent. The food was excellently cooked, wonderfully tasty and reasonably priced. I had the chicken shishe, which consisted of 2 skewers of large chicken breast pieces, fries (but you can have rice also), a pot of garlic sauce (like taziki), a pot of chilli sauce, salad, grilled vegetables and bread. All of the food was well flavoured and the chicken was still moist and tender. I also ordered a portion of home made humous which was excellent! The home made desserts looked wonderful but I decided against getting one which was just as well as I was completely full. Cannot recommend enough! Note they close at 7.30pm

1  Thank Andrew H

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stumbled across this delight whilst on business!

Friendly and helpful staff welcomed me into this cafe-style restaurant and advised me on the menu. I went for the mix grill - it was HUGE. A massive plate stacked with various meats, salad, rice, chips, sauce and a bit of bread on the side !

Every different piece of meat had its on flavor and was cooked to perfection. Needless to say, couldnt finish it all. But i had room for dessert ! ordered a 'small' pancake - was also huge !!

It was all very reasonably priced too. Perhaps on of the best meals i have had !

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I work down the road from cafe rodi and although I know it better as 'The Red Door' I enjoying popping in there for lunch. The staff are friendly and remember my orders, very popular cafe but still a quick service, great for when you only have an hour to grab something. The variety of food is good and the specials board is forever changing, giving us a taste of Turkey right here in Dundee

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Went there today for a late breakfast. Place was busy and friendly. Food was decent but £2.80 for 2 eggs and 2 slices of toast was pricey. Tea is good.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Visited first time for Sunday lunch, as recommended. I had kind of kebab with chips, and my partner had burger. My meal was a bit too spicy with the sauce which was overpowering the nice and tender lamb meat. Unfortunately there wasn't option with sauces, and my partner's burger tasted and seemed a bit like a standard economy burger, it was inexpensive but I think people would rather pay a little more for a much better quality burger between the bap...Anyhow maybe we ordered wrong food. The service otherwise was very good, you feel welcome from the minute you walk in, so we might come back and try another things.