“A nice surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bellini

Bellini
Ranked #8 of 374 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Grenoble, France
“A nice surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I usually avoid eating at Italian restaurants because I grew up in Tuscany and so it's hard to avoid disappointment. However, the elegant decor caught my fancy as we were searching for a good restaurant in the city centre, and so we decided to give it a try. The food was authentically Italian and the service was professional but very friendly. There was a lot of choice on the menu - which is important being a vegetarian - and I was particularly impressed with my risotto. I would definitely recommend this place to my friends and am thinking of booking my graduation dinner there.

Edinburgh
“Disappointed!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Really looked forward to our meal here but were disappointed with the overall experience. It was very busy and although we had booked a table it did feel like we were on a conveyor belt, waiting 15 minutes for people to leave before we could be seated. The service was nothing other than basic and the food nothing special. The pasta dish was several basic ingredients thrown together but seemed to lack an overall flavour. The steak was poorly cooked and in a watery sauce, served with the veg in foil - a bit overcooked and smelling of school dinners! Not a place we would return to.

East Calder
“Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Was staying the weekend in Dundee and didn't really know where to eat. Had a great meal in here the fillet steaks we had were excellent and the service was quick and efficient even though it was a busy Saturday night. I would go back.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank CAPTAINSCOTT46
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant night out with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Visited on a Friday night. Service very good - attentive without being intrusive. I had a steak, both my friends had Italian options - pasta and vegetarian dish. All were fresh well cooked and tasty. Didnt get the mash advertised with the steak though - veg were clearly standard for all meals and pretty boring but they did still have "bite" which I like. My vegetarian friend had phoned in advance to arrange a particular dish for herself - chef was happy to oblige. This and the fact we felt very welcome and under no pressure to leave (we were last diners out) added to our overall experience. All had ice cream for desert - was fine and I did like the pineapple!
Prices ok - tending towards the high end but compared to for example Ciao Sorrento in Union Street (poor and way overpriced - dont go) more than reasonable for the food on offer. Wine was decent and not too costly. There is a menu priced at £27.50 pp for three courses with a bottle of wine free per 2 persons. I didnt realise this at the time but would consider going for this when I next visit with husband/friend(s) as it offers a good enough choice for me at a reasonable price. Also offers a well priced lunch menu.
Restaurant is situated centrally - easily accessed. I would recommend people give it a try.

Dundee, United Kingdom
“Early Friday night dinner.. enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We popped in looking for a table early on a Friday night. We were made to feel welcome and were the first in there so lacked atmosphere due to this but that's not their fault it was very early on a Friday night. Although we arrived at the pre theatre time we had to ask for that menu. But the service was good and the waitress was knowledgeable. Our meal was lovely, well cooked and well presented. I am Italian and I would certainly go back. I would agree that it is very dark and dingy though.. i would prefer if it was made brighter decor with candles for that romantic modern feel.

the tin foil swans were certainly amusing..