“Enjoyable food and reasonably priced”
Review of Gracie's

Gracie's
Ranked #89 of 391 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: Scottish, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: By day Gracie's provides excellent homemade cooking. Ranging from hearty breakfasts to light bites and salads, there is something to appease your appetite. By night, The Late Night Greek takes over and brings a little bit of Greece to Broughty Ferry. With authentic Greek cooking and service offered every Friday and Saturday night, let us transport you to Mykonos for the evening.
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I went to Gracie's with a friend from out of town on 22nd December. We had not booked and were lucky to get a table.
The waitress explained that there was a set tapas menu (12 dishes in total at a cost of £14.95 per head) which would be brought out in succession as we were ready. These included a mix of cold meats, vegetarian, chorizo, lamb, potato and fish dishes.
All were presented well and it was a great way to sample dishes which I might not otherwise have tried. We also had 2 bottles of wine between us taking our total bill to £60, which I felt was very reasonable given the amount of food that had been served.
Service was good and the ambience was lovely. The live piano player added a subtle bit of class.
Most enjoyable evening, look forward to returning.

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Yes there is a set menu but we were able to say which dishes we would not like from the start, we also took a break in the middle, we just said to the waitress to hold our next dishes for 10mins, which was not a problem! Staff were all extremely friendly! And the bar man was great to look at as well as very charming! Makes brilliant cocktails! :) I felt the food was great and had lots of taste!! I really feel the people below went to a different restaurant than myself! Would recommend booking as it was very busy when we arrived at 8pm for dinner and continued to be busy till after 11pm! and to top it off it was cheap! Loved it

1  Thank ProTaster S
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Having just been relocated to Dundee, and having spent the duration of my relocation being completely unimpressed with my new surroundings, and even more unimpressed with the abysmal selection of eateries, I was delighted to come across Gracie's Tapas Bar.
Gracie's isn't 5* dining but it is definitely a great wee place for a very filling and tasty meal. I love tapas and never know what to chose, I also never seem to leave feeling like I've been properly fed - and I don't eat a massive amount! But the set menu and massive portions at Gracie's solves both these problems! Neither myself not my partner could have eaten another bite.
We didn't have long and our waitress was really helpful and accommodating, she was really efficient and I couldn't praise her more - we didn't have time for the fish course and she very kindly got it ready for us to take away with us. All the staff were really lovely and very well presented, and most importantly - they were polite!
The food was great, and, as I mentioned, really large portions - we couldn't believe it just kept coming! Excellent value for money, and it tasted great - I can't wait to try the vegetarian menu next time.
When we were leaving, my partner, who hates eating out and complains about everything, said he'd quite like to go back - that's like a gold star! They must be doing something right.

1  Thank maee
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I'm not qute sure what to make of this place. By day, it is a lovely little cafe, but in evening it pretends to be a Tapas Bar. However, Tapas, most definitely is not what it serves. A group of friends and I went for Tapas there recently and should have realised something was wrong when only 2 tables were occupied.

The waitress then proceeded to announce "Set menu £14.95. No choice!" the four of us joked that it wasn't looking too promising by this point, but decided to brave it.

What followed was round after round of very poorly presented food, most of which looked like it had come from a frozen food store, all of which was announced byour waitress without any of us understanding what she'd said, and all of which tasted like a mish mash of anything they'd had leftover from the dayshift.

Spanish it was not. Edible, only barely. The worst dish had to be a large tray of something which looked like meat served in a grey sauce. None of us could actually identify what sort of meat (if indeed it was meat) was on our plates.

In fairness, the final round of food was seafood and was slightly better than the previous things dished up to us, but only just.

Another point to note was, despite having been told it was a set menu with no other choices, what was served to the 4 of us at our table was clearly not the same as the 4 people behind us were being served, which made us more convinced they were simply dishing up leftovers.

One of the worst meals I've eaten in the Dundee area and by far the worst Tapas I've ever had. The four of us paid over £120 for the food and drink, so not cheap. I'd avoid this at all costs.

1  Thank DundeeTravellingMan
Martino915, Manager at Gracie's, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your dining experience. We take negative comments very seriously, based on yours and other recent feedback we have implemented and root and branch improvements across all areas of our evening restaurant. We recognise that quality of food and service are paramount in this business and we welcome customer feedback so that we can take action where negative and congratulate ourselves when positive. We would love for you to make a return visit so that you can experience first hand the results of our recent efforts.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Not sure whats happened to this place, but boy has it started to go downhill. Very, very below average now, also lengthy service and just passible food. True to say that I wont be visiting again.

1  Thank silveringfox