“Poor response to a complaint”
Review of The Tasting Rooms - CLOSED

The Tasting Rooms
Cuisines: European, British, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Murdie Smith and Derek Dolan welcome you to The Tasting Rooms, Dundee’s only contemporary food and wine experience, offering excellent dining and conferencing facilities in unique and inspirational surroundings in the heart of Dundee. ■Groundfloor Wine Bar and Bistro■The Balcony Room Restaurant on our mezzanine■The Glass Room - available for private hire■Complimentary WIFI■Children Welcome
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Our group of 5 tried the pre-theatre evening menu. The rating I have given is for the poor response we received when my friend and I complained about the white wine (house white No 9) We found it to be unpalatable, as did 2 others in our group. When I asked if we could change it, to something else I was told very firmly that we would be charged for the wine as "there was nothing wrong with it". My friend and I did change to another wine from the main list which was acceptable. This time we were offered "a tasting" in advance. Perhaps the management should consider always giving customers this option. The house wine charge was added to our bill. On speaking to the manager prior to leaving, his stance was unmoveable. We won't return thanks to this experience and sadly for the retaurant we will tell lots of people.

1  Thank Mac335

Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and I had lunch here at £6.95 for a two course. The menu is excellent for the price. We had a starter of soup and a main course of roast of the day. There is also the option of a three course lunch. The quality of the food is excellent as is the menu choice. Service and ambience also excellent. Will be back. Recommended.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We recently went to Tasting Rooms for dinner as had groupon voucher. The set menus was one of the most extensive I have seen for a while, there was much to choose from. Food was excellent as was the service, and the ambiance is wonderful. Liked it that much that I returned with my friend for lunch the following week, great deal as you get two course for £6.95, again wasn't disappointed and service again second to none. Would highly recommend, will definitely return.

1  Thank Denise A
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Using a Groupon voucher we decided to try The Tasting Rooms. We had a very enjoyable 3 course meal. Our starters were the chicken liver parfait and the stuffed mushrooms - both starters delicious. The main meals of Spicy chicken and the roast of the day were very tasty. The sticky toffee pudding was the best I have ever tasted. The second desert was the poached pear in red wine which was served chilled - this was a surprise as we have ordered this before elsewhere and it usually is served warm. The wine selection was very good and complimented a lovely meal. Our only criticism was our table - right across from the waiter service area and this was very noisy as a result - the restaurant is a good size there is no need to cram in a table there. The service was good and friendly and we will visit again.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

What a revelation . My friend and I dined on the pre theatre menu . The choices were great and the food was fab . We had a great night out . The staff were very friendly and attentive and nothing was too much hassle for them , great atmosphere will most definitely return