“Pre-theatre visit”

Cuisines: European, British, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Murdie Smith and Derek Dolan welcome you to The Tasting Rooms, Dundee’s only contemporary food and wine experience, offering excellent dining and conferencing facilities in unique and inspirational surroundings in the heart of Dundee. ■Groundfloor Wine Bar and Bistro■The Balcony Room Restaurant on our mezzanine■The Glass Room - available for private hire■Complimentary WIFI■Children Welcome
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had heard good and bad things about this place so decided to try it for myself. Thankfully I used a voucher for my visit as I would not have been happy if I had paid full price. We were on of four couples in the restaurant and they forgot to bring the water we ordered, the starters were ok but the main courses were way below par, my wife's chicken was bone dry and my salad was straight from the fridge. The one saving grace was the deserts, they were excellent, will I be going back there, I don't think so, not even with a voucher.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Ate here before going to the theatre. The food was very good and the service was excellent. The price was very reasonable. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a two course lunch at the Tasting rooms for the princely sum for £6.95. Both starter and main course were very tasty and of good quality, staff were most pleasant and nothing seemed to be any bother. Comments from previous diners one has to agree in regards to service being a little slow, but then again we were in no hurry, we did have the table by the toilets, but this was not so much a problem, but have to agree that the drinks were a little pricey. However taking into account the quality of the food, service and the price we paid, we both felt this represented excellent value for money for a lunch time on a Saturday.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a lovely restaurant come wine bar, Enjoy my time at this place, the staff were friendly and very efficient (Have a laugh and a joke with a few of them). The owner was there on the night with the manageress and things seem to run smooth.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Not too impressed by this place. Overpriced. Seafood paella which contained chorizo with no indication on the menu that this dish contained meat.

Also when asked to move from table beside toilet, waitress seemed surprised.

Staff polite but we were disappointed that they did not offer some kind of discount in view of the unexpected meat. They all seemed to be in their twenties. Maybe if there had been an older possibly more experienced staff member, they would have had a better idea of how to respond.

We did not leave a tip, as we felt something was lacking on this occasion.