“First and last visit”

Ranked #14 of 386 Restaurants in Dundee
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Whilst the food was okay , the level of service was appalling ! We sat for 45 minutes before anyone took our order and only after we had asked , the time it took to then get the food was unacceptably long and no apologies or explanation why this was .Noone then came back to ask if the food was okay! This was my first visit for food and unfortunately it will be my last.

1  Thank JPAL09

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Had a lovely meal in the upstairs Waterfront restaurant. The cullen skink Is to die for, and the lamb shank just fell from the bone, my compliments to the chef - my mouths watering just typing this review. A nice varied menu for all tastes, a good selection of wines, good service with friendly and efficient waiting staff. All in all 10/10 - ticks all the boxes for me.

1  Thank SweetTooth2012
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Do visit the Ship if you happen to be in the Ferry :)#

I visited last night for a meal in the up stairs restaurant and it was an absolute delight.

I think some of the reviews may be for the wrong place? As I did not see any of the issues that were raised....my food was gorgeous. I had a steak and was so happy that my meal came with chips AND potatoes, so I could have a wee mix of the two.

I came away very full and satisfied with my dinner and the service.

Would DEFINITELY be back!

Just to mention, I have also had a casual lunch in the bar down stairs and that too was tasty. My only issue would be that it is so busy! Popular, much??? Portions were huge! Yum :)

4  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed February 16, 2013

disgusting food, when we compained, the barmaid was very simpathetic, apologised, but did not take anything off the bill, avoid at all cost!

hollyhill69, Owner at The Ship Inn & Waterfront Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Thank you for your review, please contact me in person, by email or by calling The Ship Inn 01382 779176, give me full details of your visit and i will investigate your complaint thoroughly, Steve Cumming

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have eaten at the Ship several times and would recommend it again and again. The welcoming downstairs bar serves traditional, good, pub food with hearty portions at good value - what more could you want!

I particularly enjoy the restaurant upstairs which we tend to visit as a family for treats, or special occasions. I have never had a problem here and am very surprised by the reviews below... were they at a totally different restaurant?!! On my last visit I had the black pudding and scallop starter which was very fresh and perfectly cooked followed by the duck (and a few glasses of wine) Keep an eye out for the special cards which seem to be there everyday, there is always something new and good value.
This is the perfect spot if you are looking for a warm, friendly, dining experience with good food and great service. My only complaint is I never have enough room for desert!

1  Thank RestaurantLover84