“Great burgers and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ketchup Dundee - CLOSED

Ketchup Dundee
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
“Great burgers and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

We were in last night for something to eat, service and food were both great even though the place was busy. Would highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Social-Ketchup, General Manager at Ketchup Dundee, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Hi Lovelottielou,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. We were busy on that Friday, but i'm glad we met your expectations.

Many thanks,

Tayport, United Kingdom
“Lip Smackingly Good!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend come here quite often because we love the 50's american diner feel and the burgers are simply outstanding. The service is generally very good and the milkshakes are to die for.We also like the fact that we can move into the bit next door and have a good cocktail after our meal. The price can initially seem a bit steep, but once you see the size of the burgers you cant complain!!

Hi malibu_ruby80,

Thanks for the great review - it's good to hear you enjoy Social too!

see you soon,

Cheers,

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Something different”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Came here with family and would recommend as it offers something different.
Great burgers and good for children.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Social-Ketchup, General Manager at Ketchup Dundee, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Hi Anastasia924,

Thank you for leaving your great review. We love families at Ketchup, and are always trying to make sure the little ones are looked after too!

Many thanks,

Dundee, United Kingdom
“Love the atmosphere and theme.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I came here with a couple of friends, after one of them recommended it for lunch.
Good range of vegetarian options, so I went for the portobello mushroom burger without cheese. Serving size is generous, service very friendly and attentive, great atmosphere and theme, and as someone who doesn't like ketchup, the ketchup is pretty good! Definitely worth returning to.

• Visited May 2012
Hi MRJ55,

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with us last year. The menu has changed slightly from your visit (i'm afraid the Portobello Mushroom burger has been removed), but there is still a good selection of vegetarian options available.

We love the K-sauce too!

Dundee
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

I ate here over the weekend and it was just ok!

The burgers had a vast variety but you could tell they weren't freshly cooked and had sat in a bane marie for a while. They were still tasty so I suppose I can't complain too much but i was spending 10 quid a burger or so. Don't understand why they don't give fries with the burgers adds 3 quid or so onto the price of every burger, not value for money! The chips granted are the huge big chunky chips which are really nice not 3 quid nice however. I was with my wife and kids so didn't want to kick up a fuss but the onion rings in there are crazy hit and miss! Like I don't know why I always gamble on them but I really enjoy onion rings with my burger. They can come up nice golden and crispy. Sometimes they come up looking burnt but still crispy which is fine. The rest of the time they come up soggy and in a little pool of oil which sits on the wooden board.

These are the negatives which make you leave Ketchup not feeling overwhelmed and awed with the experience. However the staff are great! They really try to look after you. Many times I feel they are understaffed but I worked for G1 about 6 or 7 years ago and know what they are like with wages so can't fault the venue on this front. I enjoy eating in ketchup with my kids as they love the experience so I will be back.

Take heed of the comments though please because I feel if these minor improvements were sorted we would eat here a lot more often

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hi MartyMeldrum,

Thank you for giving us an honest feedback.

My team should not be serving anything that is not up to standard, so in terms of your burger and onion rings, they should have never been presented to you if they were not perfect. Also, not having fries served with the burgers is a common point raised with our guests, although with the launch of the new menu, we dropped the price of a side dish to £1.25.

Your comments have been discussed with my management team and waiting team as are all reviews on TripAdvisor. I feel it is important for everybody who works here to know the feedback that is given either positive or negative so we can work to improve our service and product.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review.