“Not bad, service a bit of a let down”
Review of Ketchup Dundee - CLOSED

Ketchup Dundee
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I went to Ketchup last week with a couple of family members, at about 6 o'clock in the evening. If we had gone for lunch we would have got one of the burgers for free, as I study at the uni. But no matter, the burgers were tasty, if a little over-priced.

The only problem I had with the restaurant was the service. Firstly, we were sat down and given menus and told about the specials. I asked about a sauce, and the waitress went off to find out. I was not expecting her to know the ins and outs of everything, but it took at least 10 minutes for her to come back and tell me what it was. This was because the poor girl, although she was as friendly and attentive as possible, was the only waitress working, and was having to serve drinks, take orders, take out food to customers, give out bills, and clean tables by herself (though for large orders someone from the social came through to help take out the food, and someone else who was sorting out the food from those small lifts that transport food from downstairs, I forget the name of it). After we had finished, we wanted to order coffee, but had to wait for a bit of a lull. Then we paid and left.

This was our experience quite early on a Monday night, so I dread to think how many covers the staff have to deal with on a Saturday!

Social-Ketchup, General Manager at Ketchup Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for your detailed review of our service, Chinapple_Punk,

Service really is the key to running a great restaurant and I am disappointed to learn the service you experienced was below your expectations. I have already used your feedback to highlight the importance of all members of the staff team working together, focusing on the customers we have. Moving forward, the level of service will be improved upon.

Thanks again for taking the time to give feedback for us.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We struggle to find places to go with our 3 year old, and gave Ketchup a go. It was a very welcoming and relaxing atmosphere and the staff were really helpful and friendly! My husband and I both had burgers which were worth the money and my son enjoyed his meal. I have to say the milkshake are to die for! Scrummy!! There was colouring in fit the kids and the staff were great with them - and free fruit for the kids too! Great idea!! Overall a pleasant experience!! Would definitely return!

Social-Ketchup, General Manager at Ketchup Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Hi Jenni,
Thanks so much for taking the time out to write a review, we are so glad that you guys enjoyed your experience with us and that your son had fun. We love being family friendly and are always looking for ways to keep our youngest customers happy and content. Thanks again for the review, we hope you have a great festive period and we look forward to welcoming you back to Social-Ketchup soon.
Ian

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Decide to go for a cocktail on a Saturday afternoon and was in the vicinity of the Social so in we went. It was a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere so we decided to have something to eat from the restaurant, Ketchup. A mouthwatering cocktail from the bar and a very tasty baconburger from Ketchup served by friendly, chatty staff made this a relaxing, pleasurable way to spend a Saturday afternoon. We shared nachos as a starter and they had a wee twist as they had olives in, mmm yummy! I saw from fliers on the table that they do drinks and food packages so we were able to get more information from the waiter and get something booked for my work at Christmas.

Hi Mozzibites,

It is great to hear you had a good time with us. The cocktail list is still fairly new, so it is good to get some positive feedback regarding our new drinks. We are very proud of Ketchup, and your review tells me we are heading in the right direction in terms of service and quality. We will keep up the hard work!

See you next time,

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've been to Ketchup a few times now and I always have a good time! The staff are friendly and helpful, service is quick and the burgers taste great! There is a lot to offer on the menu and I always try something different! You must try this place.

Good to hear from you Artchick,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Ketchup is basically just a burger bar. The Burgers taste pretty good, - not amazing as I don't particularly like huge meaty burgers, prefer skinny burgers but I thought it tastes very good.
Chips were amazing.
You get good size portions. And you can share chips if you think the burger is too big, the waitress is happy to just get you a basket of chips to share.
It was my sisters birthday so we told the waitress secretly and she brought out a free sundae which was nice enough.
Price was alright, you get what you pay for. Around £12 for burger chips and drink.
Would go to it again!

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for a good review. We are primarily a burger bar, but with all the different variants we hope we are catering to everyone's tastes. So you know for next time, if you want a burger tailored to your requirements, just ask - we might put it on for our 'Burger of the Week'.

If you are looking for something a bit different, ask to see the Social menu with the pizza and pasta options.

Thanks again,