“Good Food satisfying and reasonably priced”
Review of Lily & Stone - CLOSED

Lily & Stone
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Good Food satisfying and reasonably priced”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have found most of the menus to be really enjoyable particularly the avocado salad and have always left the restaurant well satisfied. Highly recomendable though the place is a bit on the small side but the fact that it is nearly always full, whenever I have gone, speaks for itself.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank John R

“A little gem”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I had the best piece of Carrot Cake I have ever tasted. It was very cheap too, around £7 for two coffees and two pieces of cake. Considering we paid £12 for exactly the same order in a mediocre cafe in Dunkeld 3 days later, I would strongly recommend this place. The guy who served us was very friendly and attentive even though he was busy. Thanks very much!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Oskar642
“Best Dundee Cafe”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This is a lovely cafe in the city centre. We have tried most of the cafes in Dundee and this one is the best for meals or snacks and very nice coffee. The menu is very unusual with a selection of salads and platters. I would recommend the very unusual bacon, black pudding and poached egg salad. Not the healthiest salad but delicious all the same. Highly recommended place to eat or just for coffee and a cake.

• Visited June 2012
London
“vintage charm!”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We had lunch here on two occasions while visiting Dundee and will certainly be back when we are next in town. The food is delicious and presented with flair, my baguette came on a stylish wooden board and was accompanied by a lovely salad which was far superior to the usual limp lettuce and slice of tomato, and came with it's own little pot of tomato relish. And the latte was one of the best i've had, and we've tried many cafe's! with a friendly atmosphere and on trend vintage feel the cafe is the kind of place you want to linger and then browse their range of gifts before you leave! Well done Lily and Stone, probably the best eaterie in central Dundee!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Lynda G
Dundee
“Doesn't need to be set in stone!”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

To be honest, I'd never heard of this place until Mrs B told me she had head good things. We had two white coffees (between 10-11 £1 each) and I had a bacon roll whilst Mrs B had a bacon/scrambled egg bagel. Very nice and we will definitely try the pre-theatre dinner @ £12.50 for 2 courses!

Visited June 2012