“relaxing visit in Dundee”

Westport Serviced Apartments
Ranked #3 of 11 Specialty Lodging in Dundee
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Apartments are excellent with good views and with a balcony even better within easy distance of the town centre and harbour with all the renovations taking place for the new museum should be quite something. Staff very good and helpful quite expensive but well worth it

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed at the Westport service apartments in January this year. The location is excellent and they are well named as luxury apartments; beautifully decorated and great views across the Tay. Quite pricey but well worth the money, and a great way to celebrate a special birthday, as I was. The staff were friendly and efficient. I could not fault it, and would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: Look out for special offers, well worth a look
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This place is just brilliant. From the moment I walked in the door I felt very welcome. The apartment itself was spotless. We were on the 3rd floor in apartment 5. The view from the balcony was gorgeous, especially with the weather we have right now it definitely helped!. This was only a one night stay and I'd stay longer if possible to really enjoy everything that this place has to offer. Really don't have anything bad to say about the overall experience, me and my partner will be back here without a doubt. Thank you to the staff.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Westport Serviced apartments on Good Friday. On my return home I emailed immediately to express my concerns and have now decided to write this review seeing as nobody could be bothered to respond.

We were allocated apartment 20 one of the 'Classic' apartments. Firstly I would like to say that your reception staff are absolutely first class! Location was also excellent. Unfortunately our experience declined rapidly from there. The bathroom floor was dirty, I dropped something under the sofa and when I reached under to retrieve it, I discovered that the floor was filthy! There were remnants of a biscuit under the TV table. I was entertaining relatives for dinner and when I went to set the table, I found that the cutlery was dirty. The kitchen was incredibly under equipped. There were only two kitchen knives, one of which was a vegetable turning knife??? I had to send my husband out to buy me a knife in order to prepare dinner! The contents of the complimentary basket were of mediocre quality. In a five star establishment charging £105 a night, I would have expected to find a cafetiere and sachets of ground coffee.

If you want to know how a five* establishment should be run, check out Merchiston Residence in Edinbugh. True luxury, fully equipped and scrupulously clean not to mention cheaper!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ACS1969
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend came here to stay on our travels. We though it looked good on the website so though we would book up as it was a great price. On arrival there was a calm atmosphere about the place which was relaxing. A very nice gentleman greeted us and check in lasted a whole of two mins which was great because we where in a rush to get in to the room and out for food again... Took the lift up stairs .. Walked it to the apartment and OMG we where amazed with all stranded of the room. Such high quality, we where so happy to be staying in somewhere so comfortable and relaxed. The main thing for me was I felt very safe! We also got a free breakfast kit, milk cereal breakfast cereal bar and more the kitchen is a full kitchen microwave oven hob utensils ect and the bed was so comfortable and the shower was great very powerful. I had to go down stairs to ask for an extra towel as there was only one but the very helpful gentleman jumped to the task and got me a towel straight away. Very helpful! When going out there is a bank machine next to the entrance and also a mini tescos. Across the road is a bigger super market if you need bits and bobs to cook in the kitchen and a5 or less min walk straight across from the tescos takes you right in to the town centre. Over all I am giving this place a 100% review and I can't wait to visit it again. I am very excited about this place it's just fab. I would highly recommend. P.s if you like a night out then away to the casino for a late one there is a 24 hour casino next door!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Megzst
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We only booked in here because all the hotels were full for the evening we wanted to stop over in Dundee. We were very pleasantly surprised by the spaciousness and cleanliness of the apartment. Staff were very friendly and helpful. It worked out as half the price we would have paid for a hotel room. Would definitely use them again.

Room Tip: In the middle of town, it was noisy during the night so if you have trouble sleeping remember your...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed here for a long weekend (3 nights) and arrived after a very long car journey to find an absolute gem of an apartment, with thoughtful touches like a fresh pint of milk in the fridge so we could have a coffee, and some chilled bottles of water. There were other snacks/ refreshments & breakfast foods there too, and there's a small Tesco next door for any little extras you might need. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The apartment was beautiful and very clean, and fully equipped. It is close to the university and to the city centre, and within easy reach of many bars, restaurants and shops. It's about a 10-15 minute walk from the train station. It also had the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. We loved it, and this will definitely be our first choice of accommodation next time we're in Dundee. All the service of a hotel room but with much more room!

Room Tip: We have 3 children and I wasn't sure whether there would be room for all of us, but after a quic...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family