“Awful.”

Rep Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 395 Restaurants in Dundee
Cuisines: Scottish, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Encore brasserie and restaurant at Dundee Rep Theatre. In Dundee’s cultural quarter and at the heart of the Rep is our award winning bar and brasserie, Encore. Your ideal destination for intimate dinners and celebrations. Our first-rate chefs believe that food should be fresh, tasty and served with flare. We offer a stylish blend of classic and modern dishes, mouth watering sides and deliciously naughty desserts.
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Most disappointing. Rotten menu, bland food, awful service. Tiny portions. Empty glasses left on the table all night and once the meal was served we had to search for staff for drinks etc and they didn't seem best pleased to be asked for anything. I used to eat in the Rep regularly a few years ago and it was great, but I was sorely let down last night and certainly won't be going back. Very, very disappointing.

2  Thank David1965186518

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

A group of 14 of us went for or works night ou. It was a set menu and was reasonably priced, however the phrase "you get what you pay for" springs to mind... The service was appauling, food was practically thrown in front of us.. The starters were ok albeit not much marie rose dressings on the prawns.. Those who had turkey said it was bland and a bit dry (no gravy).. The lamb and barley stew-what a joke! Looked like someone had opened a tin of scotch broth soup and microwaved it..it was greasy was a strange colour (like dish water) and certainly not what was expected.. When I asked for a soup spoon the server just about fell off her perch! Dirty looks, bigs sighs, eyes rolling.. Not good in anyway. The dessert was the only good part of the meal although it had clearly been microwaved too!! This was my first time having a meal at the Rep... Will I be back? - NO WAY!! Bad food and even worse service.

1  Thank LucyPuppy77
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Lovely food served by friendly and attentive staff at a reasonable price. We are planning another visit soon

1  Thank Donna L
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We decided to eat here for convenience, as my husband and I were going to the theatre performance that evening. I chose the beetroot hummus as a starter, but it lacked flavour, maybe because it was served straight from the fridge. I had pork for my main meal, and although it was very lean, it too was very bland. The pork was served with a small portion of green beans and roast potatoes which were very tasty.

The decor was very pleasing, and the service was efficient and friendly.

An average sort of meal, I think, and I wouldn't rush back.

1  Thank PartyGirlScotland
Reviewed September 26, 2012

A very clever set, showing the Backies of the Dundee tenements, captures your attention. The cast, which has a large community group of players, uses the stage to good effect and the music adds to the historic events of the age. The plot has too many strands with no defining outcomes,and a weak finale. Careful editing would raise the enjoyment and drama. Condensed into a 90 minute one act play, this could be a Dundee favourite.