“great stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Dundee
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“great stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed for one night on Friday and found the hotel to be excellent! Really friendly staff,lovely clean,spacious room with a powerful rain shower! Tea was really tasty and the gin of the week cocktail was also yum! Good little pool and good breakfast. Can't find fault at all! The staff were excellent in the restaurant,bar and check in! Normally Dundee is a passing through place but would stay here again and recommend it to friends!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Redemma13,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you had a great stay with us recently and that you couldn't fault the hotel! I will make sure to pass on your positive feedback to the rest of the team and in the meantime I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Richard Ellison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Colchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Good location and the staff a well mannered. The food is a bit pretentious but good quality. I don't understand why our fish and chips was served in a frying basket with some fake news paper, and a hint of salad. Our room was fine and clean. Not really any better then a premier inn.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Audix199

Thank you for providing us with your valued feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us however I am disappointed to hear that we failed to exceed your expectations. Please accept my apologies for this.

I hope to see you visit the hotel again in the future where I am certain that we will be able to exceed your expectations and restore your faith in the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee.

Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

A lovely three day stay. The hotel is located immediately you arrive at the first roundabout from Perth. Easy access to St Andrews and Fife where we spent a day. Gold membership gave at free breakfasts but no upgrade as the hotel was full because of commonwealth games activity in Carnoustie. Anne, in the breakfast area was wonderful, suggesting another pot of tea in the lounge to read the paper. She is a wonderful rep for the hotel. At our evening meal it came out that this was our 37 th anniversary and a few minutes later out came some bubbly. The evening restaurant staff , all young were very kind and friendly. A good stay.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear ScotinAlabama.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us recently and that our staff helped to make your anniversary that extra bit special.

I will pass your comments on to the rest of the team and hope to see you return to the hotel in the near future.

Lockerbie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stayed two nights during commonwealth games. There was an initial problem with rooms but hotel rang us, and offered a solution before we arrived.
Hotel sits off a busy road but we heard little traffic. Rooms clean and spacious, and comfortable. Hotel sits on two floors but doesn't have a lift. However the staff at the pool & leisure facilities, at the bottom of the stairs, were very helpful, offering to carry our cases or arrange for a ground floor room.
We ate in the restaurant which does have quite a Scottish theme to the menu. Food was good and we didn't have to wait long. Children's portions were quite large. Breakfast is a good selection of hot and continental. The absolute star of the hotel, is a lady called Anne who made breakfast a delight. She is just so welcoming and kind, and the greatest asset to the hotel.
All round, a very pleasant and relaxing stay. Would definitely consider this hotel if in the area again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ritchie_family7,

I am delighted to see that you had a very pleasant and relaxing stay with us recently at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee. It is also nice to hear such positive feedback on our staff and in particular Anne. I will make sure to pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team so that they know how much their efforts were appreciated,

In the meantime I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

Was worth the additional 40 minutes journey to my business address. All Staff very helpful and friendly. Facilities were fine. Only negative was that my room didn't have air conditioning which was needed during my stay as temperatures were soaring. Overall, very good stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Wilma L,

I am delighted to hear that you had a very good stay with us recently and that you felt we were worth the extra journey. I hope to see you return to the hotel in the near future.

Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

This is a lovely hotel in a beautiful setting. Obviously expert in organising weddings. Did not have the opportunity to use all the facilities but friends did and were impressed. We found the prices at the bar were a bit steep and the lack of a lift a bit awkward. If you are elderly ask for a room on the ground floor.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Mary H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. It is great to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us recently and that you enjoyed our beautiful garden setting.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Oldmeldrum, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

Went to the doubletree with my family for lunch on our way home to Aberdeen on the 14th July for my daughters birthday, we have been there before and had a wonderful experience, alas I cannot say the same this time. No one showed us to a table we then waited for our menus, then came the white paper napkins, it's a four star I do not expect paper napkins, we then had to wait half an hour plus for our main course, I then ordered cheese for my daughter and the brownie dessert for myself, mine came out and you could smell how burnt it was it was disgusting, the waitress was not even that bothered. I would never dine there again totally disappointed staff need to find some people skills. Also the ladies toilets smelled terrible.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Anne L
Dear ADL50,

I am extremely disappointed to hear of your recent dining experience with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee. Please accept my sincere apologies - this should not have happened. Through previous reviews, service is one of our strongest points and we are regularly praised on our quality of staff. However on this occasion we did not appear to get it right and we apologise for this.

If you wish to discuss any further then please do not hesitate to contact me. We hope to have the opportunity in the future to make things right and to restore your faith in the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee.