“What lovely people!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I can't fault this hotel. The staff were fabulous, their hospitality amazing, the food was very good, the room was clean and perfectly adequate - I asked for a quiet room as I don't sleep well when I'm away and it was certainly quiet - although it was a long walk from reception with a suitcase - and that's fine if you're young and fit (which I am neither ha ha!!) but then I asked for that so not their fault. We did have a problem with our room when we came to go to bed but they couldn't have been more helpful and sorted it out very quickly and apologised for it. I also thought it was good value for money as we had a dinner bed and breakfast option for two people as we were on business which worked out very well and made life easy after an 11 hour journey to get there. Well done - a great hotel with lovely staff - would certainly stay again and recommend it to anyone. Location could be a little difficult as it's not quite central but it's only a few minutes in a taxi from the train station or airport.

Room Tip: Some rooms are a long walk from reception and I didn't see a lift, but then they can take your b...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear lizwhitenlp,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor comment and for providing us with your valued feedback. I was delighted to learn that you had enjoyed your stay here with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee recently.

We take great pride in meeting, and indeed exceeding, our guests' expectations and your comments will be shared with our team so that they know how much you appreciated their efforts.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee in the near future and, in the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do let me know.

Richard Ellison

Write a ReviewReviews (1,199)

Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is the second time I visit the Double Tree and the last one. Although the rooms are nice and the staff very nice, this place fails on the very first criterion for a hotel: spending a good night.
On top of its hotel function, the place holds conferences which can last up to the middle of the night and can be very noisy. So staying there is a gamble, you may spend a good night or enjoy their sound system for a good part of the night. I won't take the gamble, plenty of better hotels in Dundee.

Room Tip: Away from all their conference rooms, if such a room exists.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear PKazimir,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on Trip Advisor and for providing us with

your valued feedback. It is through such constructive criticism that we are able to monitor and so

improve the service we offer all our guests.

I am sorry to learn that your stay was less than fully satisfactory due to functions being held

at the time of your stay. Here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, we take great pride in

meeting, and indeed exceeding, our guests’ expectations and I apologise that, on this occasion,

you were disappointed with your stay.

in the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do let me know.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Last weekend my wife and I, and two friends, had a meal in the Maze Restaurant at Doubletree by Hilton, Dundee, to celebrate our 39th Wedding Anniversary. What a superb evening we had. We were greeted by friendly staff and shown to a quiet table in the beautifully decorated conservatory, where we were served complimentary champagne. The choice of starters, mains and desserts was extensive and we could also choose from the lounge bar menu, which particularly suited one member of our party. The service was attentive throughout, without being intrusive. The food could not be faulted. During the meal a young man played familiar tunes on a piano, the music adding greatly to the whole ambience. We will most certainly return, and have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear s3rjr,

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed at the Doubletree in Dundee for 1 night in September. Upon arrival we were told that the room we had requested was fully booked so we were instead upgraded to a better room however it was a disability room which didn't bother us and we were given free cookies which is a great idea by the hotel, they went the extra mile to ensure they made you feel welcome. The room was very spacious. Lots of free parking was available outside the hotel. The area were breakfast was served was a beautiful conservatory type room. A very pleasant place to start the day. The choices for breakfast were also above what we had received at other hotels, even offering smoothies! The only reason I haven't rated 5 stars was due to the bathroom. The sink area needed a good scrub and there was no where in the shower to place the soap and no where near the sink to place a bag for toiletries (this may have been because it was a disability room, the other bathrooms may have had more shelf space). Overall a really enjoyable experience at a great price. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Butterz1986,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor comment and for providing us with your valued feedback. I was delighted to learn that you had enjoyed your stay here with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton recently.

We take great pride in meeting, and indeed exceeding, our guests' expectations and your comment will be shared with our team so that they know how much you appreciated their efforts. I am however sorry to learn that you stay was less that fully satisfactory due to our bathroom facilities. I apologise that, on this occasion, you were disappointed with your stay.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business. Having stayed at other Doubletree hotels I had high expectations. I came back down to earth with a bump when I entered the room - it was very dark and in need of a well deserved facelift. It was spotlessly clean though which is the main thing and the bathroom was delightful - very luxurious. All the staff were warm and friendly on reception and also in the bar and restaurant. The food was of a high standard and the portion sizes a little on the small side, having said that the food was very good as was the restaurant atmosphere. Breakfast was lovely, hot and cold buffet and nothing was too much trouble. I would certainly consider staying here again when on business in Dundee.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Tracy H,

DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee recently.

We take great pride in meeting, and indeed exceeding, our guests’ expectations and your

efforts.

I am however, sorry to learn that your stay was less than fully satisfactory due to your

expectations. I apologise that, on this occasion, you were disappointed with your stay.

in the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do let me know.

Yours Sincerely,
General Manger

Reviewed September 8, 2013

After dropping son off at uni we booked into this hotel. Absolutely fabulous. Staff were really friendly, room lovely, breakfast great and the surroundings beautiful. Leisure complex really great. Would definitely stay again while visiting our son

Room Tip: I think all rooms are grand
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear sallysixpence,

Richard Ellison,

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for the last six months whilst undertaking a contract in Dundee. My room was very clean, the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was luxurious. Free Wi-Fi was introduced when the Landmark became part of the Double Tree Hilton chain.

The staff couldn't have been more helpful and despite other comments I never had an issue with the service,

Breakfast is an all-you-can-eat affair. For dinner there is a choice between the bar menu or the restaurant menu however both are fairly limited, although very nice. The food is of a good quality but when staying for six months, one runs out of options however there are plenty of options in Dundee City Centre,

1  Thank Iain Y

Dear Iain Y,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor comment and for providing us with your valued feedback. I am delighted to learn that you had enjoyed your stay here with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee recently.