“A great way to celebrate!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Dundee
Dundee, United Kingdom
“A great way to celebrate!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Last weekend my wife and I, and two friends, had a meal in the Maze Restaurant at Doubletree by Hilton, Dundee, to celebrate our 39th Wedding Anniversary. What a superb evening we had. We were greeted by friendly staff and shown to a quiet table in the beautifully decorated conservatory, where we were served complimentary champagne. The choice of starters, mains and desserts was extensive and we could also choose from the lounge bar menu, which particularly suited one member of our party. The service was attentive throughout, without being intrusive. The food could not be faulted. During the meal a young man played familiar tunes on a piano, the music adding greatly to the whole ambience. We will most certainly return, and have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear s3rjr,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor comment and for providing us with your valued feedback. I was delighted to learn that you had enjoyed your stay here with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee recently.

We take great pride in meeting, and indeed exceeding, our guests' expectations and your comments will be shared with our team so that they know how much you appreciated their efforts.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee in the near future and, in the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do let me know.

Richard Ellison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed at the Doubletree in Dundee for 1 night in September. Upon arrival we were told that the room we had requested was fully booked so we were instead upgraded to a better room however it was a disability room which didn't bother us and we were given free cookies which is a great idea by the hotel, they went the extra mile to ensure they made you feel welcome. The room was very spacious. Lots of free parking was available outside the hotel. The area were breakfast was served was a beautiful conservatory type room. A very pleasant place to start the day. The choices for breakfast were also above what we had received at other hotels, even offering smoothies! The only reason I haven't rated 5 stars was due to the bathroom. The sink area needed a good scrub and there was no where in the shower to place the soap and no where near the sink to place a bag for toiletries (this may have been because it was a disability room, the other bathrooms may have had more shelf space). Overall a really enjoyable experience at a great price. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Butterz1986,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor comment and for providing us with your valued feedback. I was delighted to learn that you had enjoyed your stay here with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton recently.

We take great pride in meeting, and indeed exceeding, our guests' expectations and your comment will be shared with our team so that they know how much you appreciated their efforts. I am however sorry to learn that you stay was less that fully satisfactory due to our bathroom facilities. I apologise that, on this occasion, you were disappointed with your stay.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business. Having stayed at other Doubletree hotels I had high expectations. I came back down to earth with a bump when I entered the room - it was very dark and in need of a well deserved facelift. It was spotlessly clean though which is the main thing and the bathroom was delightful - very luxurious. All the staff were warm and friendly on reception and also in the bar and restaurant. The food was of a high standard and the portion sizes a little on the small side, having said that the food was very good as was the restaurant atmosphere. Breakfast was lovely, hot and cold buffet and nothing was too much trouble. I would certainly consider staying here again when on business in Dundee.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Tracy H,

DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee recently.

We take great pride in meeting, and indeed exceeding, our guests’ expectations and your

efforts.

I am however, sorry to learn that your stay was less than fully satisfactory due to your

expectations. I apologise that, on this occasion, you were disappointed with your stay.

in the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do let me know.

Yours Sincerely,
General Manger
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

After dropping son off at uni we booked into this hotel. Absolutely fabulous. Staff were really friendly, room lovely, breakfast great and the surroundings beautiful. Leisure complex really great. Would definitely stay again while visiting our son

Room Tip: I think all rooms are grand
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear sallysixpence,

Richard Ellison,
Castle Douglas, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for the last six months whilst undertaking a contract in Dundee. My room was very clean, the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was luxurious. Free Wi-Fi was introduced when the Landmark became part of the Double Tree Hilton chain.

The staff couldn't have been more helpful and despite other comments I never had an issue with the service,

Breakfast is an all-you-can-eat affair. For dinner there is a choice between the bar menu or the restaurant menu however both are fairly limited, although very nice. The food is of a good quality but when staying for six months, one runs out of options however there are plenty of options in Dundee City Centre,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Iain Y
Dear Iain Y,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor comment and for providing us with your valued feedback. I am delighted to learn that you had enjoyed your stay here with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee recently.

Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed three nights at the Doubletree Hilton in Dundee and loved our stay here. The location was a great central point to head to east to Carnoustie and south to St Andrews for golf outings, or north to the Glens for hiking. (Also, the roads downtown have a lot of construction going on, so we avoided that!)
The hotel lobby was quite nice, very modern. The hallways could use an upgrade, they looked a bit dated. Our room was quite spacious, very clean, the bed and pillows comfortable, bathroom was quite nice. I agree with a previous TA reviewer that more towel hooks would be helpful. Also, the step out of our tub seemed quite high, so take care! Our room did not have air conditioning, and the weather was warm during our stay. We were able to open the window to get some air in, and Sarah at the front desk was able to provide a fan for us. My husband tried to upgrade us, using his Hilton Honors Gold credentials, and we were told we could have reserved a room with a/c in advance, but the hotel was completely booked. Since we were out of the hotel most of the day, our room was comfortable most of the time. And the wifi worked fine for us on our iPads, from our rooms and the restaurant, which was good, as the computer in the lobby was very slow.
The staff couldn’t have been more friendly and helpful. We loved the warm cookies (available upon check in and on request!) and the daily breakfasts with Ann and Arlene were so pleasant. The buffet had traditional Scottish fare, haggis, blood pudding, potatoes and more, a table with great bread and pastries, fresh fruit and juices, and eggs cooked to your request (we had poached and over easy). The coffee was good and strong!
Many thanks to Sarah and Connor for all their assistance during our stay! Sarah planned our day outing to the Glens, as we headed first to visit Glamis Castle (gorgeous, great tour), then north to the Glens through heather and sheep country (so beautiful and picturesque) for lunch at the Glen Cova Hotel (the weather was great, we dined outside on the patio) to the great hike from Glen Doll to Corrie Fee. We were singing Sarah’s praises all day!
Other recommendations: Many restaurants in Dundee close at 9:00, and are not open on Monday, so take note! Sarah helped us out, and we dined at Papa Joe’s one night, and at The West House another, both good. Also, plan a drive to St Andrews, then through East Neuk of Fife, stopping in Crail (Crail Pottery has gorgeous ceramics!) and then on to Anstruther for the famous fish & chips at the Anstruther Fish Bar. Make time for a hike along the coastal path, gorgeous views!
Thanks again to the staff at the Doubletree Hilton Dundee for a fun, memorable stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BullCityGirl
Dear Paris0618

DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee recently and that our staff, in particular, Sarah, Conner, Anne and

Arlene made your stay one to remember!

in the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do let me know.

Yours sincerely
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two weeks while undertaking some flying training at Dundee Airport. From the outset the experience was a positive one, with a complementary chocolate chip cookie upon checking in! My room was very clean, comfortable and well-fitted with everything one could wish for. The beds were comfortable, the TV had a good selection of channels, the bathroom was luxurious and lots of information was readily available. Free wifi was also a bonus.

Room service came every day and made it feel like a new room every time I came back - they even replenish the complimentary shortbread, which was an added bonus! Cupboard space was a slight issue if you have a lot of stuff, but that was just picking holes.

The hotel had a very well equipped gym which contained treadmills, cross trainers, cycling machines, rowing machines, mechanical weight machines and a selection of free weights. The swimming pool was also great, and was unusually warm. It went very well with the steam room and sauna! Changing rooms were also good, although the showers could do with updating. Venturing outside the pool area, there are some beautiful gardens which are well worth a look at.

Breakfast was an all-you-can-eat affair, with possibly every single breakfast food I can think of being there. Having experienced a lot of hotels around the world, I can safely say that this had the most breakfast options available! For dinner there is a choice between the bar menu and the restaurant menu: both are fairly limited, although very nice, and fairly good value. It was very nice if you are staying for a few days - after two weeks, one runs out of options! Nevertheless the food was always very good quality and well presented. Unfortunately the service didn't always quite match the quality of the food - probably because we were a large group of young people, but it was still slightly annoying when you are brought food but no cutlery, or some of your food doesn't arrive until half an hour after everyone else.

Overall an excellent experience, and a very high quality hotel. The location is a very long way away from central Dundee so be prepared to drive or take a taxi!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DoubletreeDundee, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear DavidWHA,

Thank you fro taking the time to leave a Trip Advisor comment and for providing us with your valued feedback. I was delighted to learn that you had enjoyed your stay here with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee recently.